“First time dining at Indigo”
Review of Indigo Restaurant

Indigo Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Indigo Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 487 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Robbins Rd
Description: Central Illinois premier fine dining destination. Providing fine dining with a groove since 1988.
Springfield, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First time dining at Indigo”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at Indigo, and it was our first time dining there. The food was excellent. We had the Rock appetizer which was a unique experience in which you sear your own thin cuts of sirloin on a superheated rock. Though the portions were small, the marinade on the steak gave it great flavor. The complimentary house salad and pita bread (served with garlic, hummus, and olives) were very tasty. My wife and I both got the pork entree, which was fantastic. The portion was very generous. It paired nicely with the Chardonnay I enjoyed as well as with my wife's Pinot Grigio. The noise level was very comfortable when we arrived at 6 (on a Saturday evening), but became moderate toward the end of the meal as the restaurant's main dining area filled to capacity. The service was not the highlight of the evening by any means but was adequate.

• Visited September 2013

Keller
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great dinner!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My wife and went and had a great meal - the double pork chop and the lamp chops. Both we excellant and well appointed. Service was great and atmosphere was very nice for a nice romantic dinner

• Visited September 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Gourmet Euro-Fusion Dining in Springfield! However, tweaks still need to be made!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Let's just say trying to find ANY restaurant open on a Sunday evening that is not a chain is near impossible. Of the restaurants open on a Sunday Indigo was one of them and got a great rating and had this eclectic menu which seemed amazing. So, off we went. From the outside this eatery looks like just another new-fangled restaurant in a tired old strip center until you walk inside and you are instantly transformed to Chicago and even (dare I say) NYC! It's just a tad dark but really nicely done. Then you sit down and the menu has that wow factor that makes you go - this food is available here? You'd expect this in any big city, but not in Springfield! What menu has a special deviled "house" egg and one of the best tasting hot date apps I've had in too long and duck enchiladas on the same menu? They don't offer much by way of choice in entrees and they offer a limited sushi menu which was dissapointing but on the other hand what they do offer is really interesting and different and the portions on the entree menu were very big and the apps were delicious.
But, they have some tweaking to do to make it to the big time - sushi has to come off the menu - their sushi was small, tasteless and although the presentation was nice it tasted like the sushi you buy in the supermarket - not worth the price or the order. Also they were out of the Indigo Cut beef - if you have a house cut of beef how are you out of it? That's not how 4-star restaurants work. Also, the lobster bisque is no bisque, the chef needs a lesson in bique cooking, it was very tasty very good but it was more of a lobster soup with a heavy base, bisque is a creamier base always served with some creme fraiche - no creme fraiche and when I asked for it the waitress didn't know what I meant or what I was asking for or maybe why I was asking? Trained staff on food prep is part of the job for an upscale eatery - and really unfortunately given everything was so tasty, the lobster mac and cheese was a huge dissapointment, it was something you'd mom would make only with no taste...this dish has to go back to the drawing board for an overhaul plus more lobster, too bad too...it has so much potential. This restaurant is worth going to, with the exceptions I noted...I would go back!

• Visited August 2013
newindigo, Owner at Indigo Restaurant, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. You will be happy to know we launched a new Sushi menu in April of 2014 with all new items. Please visit us again and see how tweaks have certainly been made.
Springfield, Illinois
“Good meal, Friendly service”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We have been to this restaurant numerous times, but not recently so we decided to go. We went around 5:00 p.m. and were the first people in the restaurant. Restaurant was clean, service was friendly. We ordered the crab cakes and they were smaller than I remember them, but good. We ordered a margarita and waited a very long time. The waitress did come over and tell us they were out of bitters and one of the employee's just ran to the store. She offered to change our drink order, but we were not in a hurry and it really was not a big deal. The salad plate was good, the hummus plate was as well. For our main meal, I ordered the Salmon and it was very good . My husband ordered the Char and for $32.00 it was a very tiny piece of fish. I understand that Char can be expensive, but this piece was about three bites for my 6'8" husband. Maybe up the quantity of the sides on the plate .... He was still hungry. All in all a good meal. We will probably visit again at some point in time.

• Visited August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Chicago style food in Springfield”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We used to eat here when we lived in Springfield several years ago and it did not disappoint us. If anything, the menu is even better. Great and different selections such as the scallops (so soft you could cut them with a fork) and of course their Creme Brulee - always a favorite. Not cheap, but excellent food and wine and on par with any bigger restaurant we have eaten at in the Chicago area.

Visited May 2013