“Excellent hole in the wall Thai restaurant”

Magic Kitchen Thai Restaurant
Ranked #58 of 495 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My wife and I visit this restaurant every time we are in Springfield. The food selection is excellent and the servers are friendly. If you don't like spicy hot meals I would recommend you stay with the mild versions. Me personally I like to get it medium (which most people won't be able to handle).
If you like fancy decor this is not a place for you as this appears to be an old home turned into a restaurant. My wife and I will usually get it to go and take it back to the restaurant. (it goes well with a growler of beer from Obed and Isaacs) If you eat there be sure to get desert as the pies are excellent. They also have an ice cream dish that is out of this world.
My wife is a very picky eater and she has tried a great number of dishes there, she has enjoyed every one. If you are traveling through Springfield this is a must visit place.

2  Thank Geoff C

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Still the best Thai food in town. However, the regular employee's seem to be missing in action. Been very disappointed in the service at Peoria Road and even worse Lewis Street for lunch. Peoria Road at least you have some drinks to bring in to wait for your food. Lewis Street service has been horrible, especially if you are on your lunch hour... hope your boss is flexible on your "hour"... Food is still great, but a lot of other choices in town if they don't step up the service.

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I was a bit skeptical when I decided to eat at magic kitchen. Thoughts went to the movie Bridesmaids and the bad food they had before the dress fitting. When I walked in the first thing I realized it was BYOB which you rarely see anymore. The second thing was that although it was clean it was extremely plain. I would almost go as far to say outdoor seating but inside. As I was by myself I did some people watching. The people that came in were families, well dressed couples who would pull out a bottle of nice wine. The waitress was extremely helpful an understanding on me having to run to an ATM to get cash after my meal. CASH ONLY! Now on to the food. Spring roll - excellent. Tea - good. Red curry - good but a little soupy for me, I am not a Thai expert but what I've had before was a little thicker. Sticky rice - good. It was priced well, my total with tip was $24. If you go I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have been to this restaurant numerous times during the past twenty years. Every time has been a consistently great experience. Taking your own adult beverages into this restaurant has been a fun experience (BYOB). The décor is nothing special and the restaurant is small and cozy. The quality of the Thai food has always been the best Thai food in Springfield. Prices are reasonable, and the service has always been great. My favorite part is ordering the hottest spice they serve, and rinsing it down with my favorite glass of wine that I am able to bring in. A good indication that good food and good service are available here is when customers are waiting outside to get in.

1  Thank danh007
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I usually go to Lewis Street location (although the original Magic Kitchen holds lots of good memories, too, but it's a hike from downtown). Lunchtime at Lewis can be packed. Table service is quick but waiting at the cashier to pay can be annoying.

The white pepper ground chicken is perfect. Get it spicy to awaken your taste buds. Also love the cucumber salad, basil chicken, cashew chicken & crab rangoon. Gracious service, good value.

1  Thank cdub333