“Good, but could make some changes”
Review of Cafe Brio - CLOSED

Cafe Brio
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I have a fondness for Cafe Brio. Many moons ago we lived in Springfield. Ten years ago, Cafe Brio was the place to be. It was generally full with a wait-list to get a table. We still dine here from time to time when we visit my parents. The restaurant doesn't seem to be as busy as it once was. If you have never eaten here before, you would still enjoy your meal. The meals are heavy on the flavors of Mexico and the Southwest. I have always enjoyed their drinks, especially their "real" margaritas (not a sweet and sour mix). If they still serve fresh squeezed orange juice and lemonade, they are fantastic as well.

Their side dishes of potatoes or vegetables were always good. If you do not like cumin, ask the waiter about what dishes may have less cumin. They use much cumin, which I like, but some people do not. The wait staff are friendly and helpful.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Met our daughter and her fiance in Springfield on a Monday night in December. I had read through their website and found nothing to indicate hours, but they list a dinner menu, so I mistakenly assumed they would be open nightly. Either the restaurant has closed, or they're just not open on Mondays for dinner. I probably should have called, but kind of expect a restaurant with a web presence to list their hours if they are closed on certain days.

Wish I could tell you it was great; never got the chance!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Our waiter recommended the Shrimp BLT and Portabella Sandwich. Both were excellent. The Bloody Mary is a vegetable work of art. Waiter was friendly. Food is prompt. Atmosphere is very informal. Highly recommend and we'll be back.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife had the Habanero Chicken. Very nice and not overly spicy. I had the Pappardelle Pasta with medallions of beef. Great taste and the medium-rare meat was perfect. The Parmesan sauce was rich but what the heck. Brook, the server was friendly and professional. Asked to meet the chef and he took the time to say hi and answered our questions. A group of 30's young men came in and we were informed they were the owners. Took the time to compliment them.
Lastly it was Wednesday night and we were informed that all bottles of wine were half price. The Justin Cabernet Sauvignon was a perfect match for our meal and evening.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Liked the interesting menu that made choosing a meal difficult. Neither my wife nor I were disappointed in our choices. And, I don't think anyone will be who dines at Cafe Brio. I highly recommend the diner.