“Great place, yummy food.”

Azteca Mexican Grill
Ranked #104 of 485 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Southwestern, Spanish
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
“Great place, yummy food.”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Great place, yummy food.

I have been there a few times and i really like this place because aside of the regular Mexican menu, you will find from time to time really interesting specials, food is consistent, tasty and well executed size of the meals are excellent, really liked the chori pollo and the carne asada, if you want desert the sopapillas are amazing, the prices are good and the service also great .
Restaurant it self is nice and casual, It is rare to see now a days a place where the owner/chef comes out to talk to the customers, this adds to that friendly, warm feeling that makes you wanna go back pop a beer and chill there just because they are so nice, that's a plus in any restaurant.

Latin restaurants and their food are very interesting, for example in the case of Mexican restaurants even if they seem to have similar menus and you feel that you can find the same entrees in all of them, you have to consider that the personal influence and touch of flavor that the chef and cooks bring to the food along with the environment is what it makes each one of them unique in it's own way.

There are other bigger and more popular Mexican restaurants in town, but Aztca is a really good option, there are some small things that need to be improved but this place is growing on me.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Lfmz777

Springfield, Illinois
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

My husband and I are vegetarians, and I love Mexican food because there are usually many tasty, meat-free options on the menu. Azteca did not disappoint. This was the first Mexican food we tried after we moved here in August 2013, and we haven't tried another Mexican restaurant since. This is some of the best Mexican food I've ever had. The service is great, too. And the prices are reasonable. The decor is typical of a small Mexican restaurant, but not bad. Try the queso blanco. It's amazing.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Tricia_CK
“Great spot”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We go here once a week and come to know the owner like family. Verde sauce is awesome. My wife loves the guacamole.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank MJHebenstreit
Springfield, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh and Yummy!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

You can tell the owner is hands-on with the fresh food and amazing favors! The staff is great and I have always enjoyed my meal.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Springfieldlocal
Chicago, Illinois
“I know Mexican Restaurants and this is GREAT!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Having lived in California and now living in Chicago, I've had LOTS of experience with Mexican restaurants and this place rocks! Nice staff. Odd location in a shopping plaza but that means parking is easy and free. The food was actually creative. The chips and salsa free...huge basket (twice what we get in Chicago)...and we asked for more. Amazing margarita and probably half as expensive as in Chicago. If I lived near here they'd see me at Azteca every week.

• Visited October 2013