“Not a great restaurant experience”

Cancun Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #294 of 495 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We were staying at the Residence Inn across the street and felt like Mexican food. The hotel staff recommended a Mexican restaurant a little further away, but the air conditioning wasn't working. So we decided to give Cancun a try since it was in walking distance. We knew we were in trouble when we walked in the front door and asked one of the waiters if the food was good. He paused for a long while, then said, "well, I eat it once in a while." The atmosphere is very plain and cafeteria looking. I wanted a margarita on the rocks and our waitress told me they had run out and I could only get a frozen margarita. I ordered one, but sent it back because it tasted like chemicals. The menu offered a varied selection, but unfortunately the food once ordered was tasteless and bland in appearance. We left most of our dinner on our plates. The only thing we can think of that would be a positive was our waitress. She was friendly and helpful, and provided us with good service even though the rest of our experience wasn't what we had hoped for.

1  Thank AK L

Reviewed May 16, 2013

The placed looked clean, but as others have mentioned there was not much Mexican decor. The food was pretty average and the salsa was one of the worrst I have ever had. I asked if they had something that had taste. They brought me another salsa that was also pretty tasteless. I would not go there again even though I was working in town for a month and it was right across from my hotel. There are much better choices in Sprinfield.

1  Thank StarGazer55555
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

We walked in to a nice looking building on the outside. When we walked in, we thought we were in a cafeteria. Bright yellow walls, no decor. It was awful! To top it off service wasn't good and the food wasn't either. If I had to do it all over again I think I would have had a more enjoyable experience at McDonalds.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

After walking in it hardly looked like a Mexican restaurant at all, just a bunch of teenagers running a brightly colored cafeteria. I wanted to leave but my husband insisted on staying, thinking that at least the food may be good. We didn't even get our chips and salsa for almost 10 minutes even though other customers seemed to get them right away. Our servers name was Willie who seemed to be the only adult working there and he wasn't terrible just NO personality, almost kind of snobby and on my way to the restroom I overheard him being VERY disrespectful to a fellow employee. I was not impressed by the food at all, WORST fajitas I have ever had, the salsa tasted more like pizza sauce and the margaritas are just 12ounces of $6 juice. You are better off going to Taco Bell.

1  Thank CareBearWenfare
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I went in for lunch about a week ago and loved it! The chile poblano is amazing and I got my food less than 10 minutes after placing my order. I didn't mind that there wasn't a bunch of junk on the walls, I care about good service and good food which is what I received so I would recommend this place to everyone, especially if you only have an hour for lunch.

1  Thank hGbilson