“NIce little place”

Cuisines: Italian
Chatham, Illinois, United States
“NIce little place”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I am a fan of authentic Italian food,,The restaurant is brand new,,nicely decorated and the young ladies were nice that waited on us,,,,We went there for lunch and the kitchen was unbelievably slow..took forever to get our appetizer and then waited forever for cold sandwich my husband ordered and my mostacciolli It would not take that long to prepare that.A bit pricey for pasta that comes with no side salad or bread,,,we were there almost 2 hours and most of the time waiting for our food and they were really not that busy,,It really is a nice place however the amount of time it took to get our food makes me reluctant to visit again..people that were there before us were waiting forever for their food as well.for the price and the slow kitchen I will not be returning any time soon

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Mary Kay S

Springfield, Illinois
“Way overpriced and mediocre food.”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

My husband and I went for lunch. I ordered a meatball sandwich. He ordered an Italian Beef. They cost $9 each. We asked what what was on the sandwiches. We were told they both came with cheese on them. Neither one was served with cheese. Chips come with the sandwiches. Neither of us were give chips. When we asked about it they said they ran out earlier in the week. We were offered a bag of Cheetos. GFS, Walmart, Target, County Market and Aldi are all close to the restaurant. I think they should have been able to go buy chips at one of those places in a weeks time or they could have made pasta salad or another side. There was no offer given to us to amends for not receiving what we paid for. The taste of the food was mediocre at best. The restaurant was empty at noon. We should have walked out. Lesson learned. This restaurant won't be in business long if they don't change.

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank BeckynBill
Rochester
“Grocery Store / Restaurant”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Bocccardi's is slightly off the beaten path but once you've been there it'll be easier to find the next time. We went recently for our first time but plan to go again. Basically, it's a grocery store that has a section for a sit down meal. The tables at tavern style, all 42 to 48 inches high. Chairs to match. The service was slow to start but once the waitress took our order, she had our pizza on the table in about 12-15 minutes. Pizzas are usually pictured in the menu as covered with which ever meat you prefer. This one was like the picture; a generous covering of sausage. Flavor was good with a pronounced fennel taste. The thin crust was tender and not over cooked. In other words, there was no edge crust for the birds.
The grocery section is part of the decor. You can browse and purchase frozen selections and various Italian sauces.
A little out of the way but worth a visit.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Les E
“Great asset!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Love this place! Great for Italian groceries but even better for dinner prep ease! Love their homemade frozen pastas and their import olive oil. If they added a meat/cheese deli I could shop here alone!!! Great people too!

1 Thank Rudegirl13
St. Louis
“Neat little store”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was impressed. They have home made pastas and even have gluten free hand made pizzas. I can't wait to try the pizza. Unfortunately, it is frozen and I didn't have a cooler in the car with me. Since I wasn't going home and it was warm that day, I couldn't buy one. The young lady who helped me was very informative as she is a member of the family who owns and makes the food. This is a great addition to Springfield.

Visited January 2013