“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Chicago Area
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Was in Springfield for the Holidays, visiting the In-Laws. Would normally stay at the Courtyard but because of construction tried the Residence Inn. The Residence Inn is an outstanding property; the rooms was ultra clean and the staff made us feel at home. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite which had 2 full baths. The beds were very comfortable. The complementary breakfast far exceeded expectations!!!! My son used the fitness center, he said it had everything he needed; machines, free weights, etc. Did not have time to use the pool but it looked really nice. We go to Springfield several times a year, the Residence Inn will be our 1st choice going forward.

Room Tip: Don't let the location deter you. Residence Inn provides easy access to Lincoln sites and Capit...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank B-Man16
Darin D, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield South, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
We are also glad you gave us a try this time when visiting family. We are the newest Marriott property in town and our amenities are very nice for families or the person traveling on business. I do agree with you that our location makes it very convenient to visit sites around the city.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We typically stay at the Courtyard off of Veteran's Parkway, but we got too tired of fighting traffic in and out of that location (one road in, one road out), so we thought that we would give this location a try. We are Marriott Elite, and it was a points stay. We were welcomed as Elite members. Although it was a little further to our final location in Springfield, it was worth it. The rooms are very spacious, and having the kitchen was an added bonus. The rooms are up to date, and the corridors were quiet.

I did use the gym and it was above average. The staff was friendly and helpful.

The heating and cooling are a little weird and takes some time to get used to. There is no "heat" or "cool" switch on the thermostat. If you make big changes in temperature, the unit is quick to respond to that in either way by cooling or warming the room. Not complaining, just a little different. The quiet unit, though was very welcome and added to sleep quality.

The breakfast is complimentary, and was excellent. That stood out about our visit.

The Internet speed was terrible and I was forced to use my mobile connection during our entire stay.

Because this area is newly developed, there is really not a lot of "local" options for food. There is IHOP, Applebee's, Chedders, and a few other choices for the business travelers.

Room Tip: High floor, away from the elevators, and at the end of the corridors.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
It was great to see that you gave us a chance to be your home on your recent visit to Springfield. It was also nice to see that you enjoyed all of your amenities and I am sorry to see that our internet did not work very well. I am passing on your comments to our tech department to make sure we get this problem addressed. We hope you will come back and see us again when visiting our city.
Illinois
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 days while on business for the government & was really impressed with this hotel. I'm a die hard Marriott Elite member, so I try & stay at any Marriott while on travel. This hotel is fairly new & everything was just prefect for my stay.

I had a king bed studio & it was very roomy for myself, but could easily accommodate a family. Just like with every RI, it had a full size refrigerator, microwave, stove & utensils for cooking. The bathroom was very nice with a glass enclosed shower.

They had a evening social hour while I was there, I believe from Tuesday-Thursday & it was just ok. The food wasn't the greatest, but it was free & they also serve beer & wine.

I would definitely recommend staying here if you are in the Springfield area.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for staying with us while in Springfield and for the nice comments about our hotel. It was great to see that everything was perfect for your stay.
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We've stayed at many hotels in Springfield, and this is our favorite. The staff is very polite, it's very clean, and the rooms spacious. They have an indoor pool, offer complimentary breakfast (wide variety of cereals, oatmeal, waffle maker, etc), and small fitness room. If you must be in Springfield, stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Katie R
Darin D, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield South, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for your nice comments about our staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. You made our day by stating that you think we are the best hotel in Springfield, IL. Our goal is to make every guest feel the same as you when they leave our hotel. Thanks again for staying with us.
North Carolina
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is a nice new property. Staff at the front desk was very friendly and answered all questions. We stayed in one of the king suites. There was plenty of room in the suite to spread out, and the bed was comfortable. The bath only has a shower, no tub. Also, the lights on the outside of the hotel could not be completely blocked with the window shades, but it did not get in the way of sleep. Most of the other guests here were business travelers and quiet and respectful. No kids or teens running through the hallways like you often find at suite-style hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us at our new Residence Inn and I was glad to hear that you thought the front desk was very friendly. I would have to agree with you on this also. Our rooms are very spacious and you can spread out in them. Also, we do have suites with tubs for future reference. Thank you again for giving us a chance to be your hotel while you were on the road.
Madison, Alabama
Reviewed November 29, 2012

This was my first trip to Springfield on business, and being a loyal Marriott customer, I thought I would give the Residence Inn a try. Being the newest and most modern hotel in town, I found it quite nice. This is the new version of the Residence Inn with a more contemporary look and feel. When you walk in the front door you are greeted with a warm welcome by the front desk staff, all of which were great, and especially Robyn, who went above and beyond to make this a pleasant stay. I can usually judge my stay by the front desk staff, and the greeting. My room was wonderful and spacious with a large HD TV, great bed, and a huge walk in shower. The breakfast was pretty good, but the usual Residence Inn breakfast. The only negative I found was no evening food on Monday. This was the first Residence Inn I've stayed in that didn't serve food on Monday evening. Being a business traveller, that's one of the things I like after a long day of travel, and not having to go out to find food. The other nights were great, with better than usual meals. I found the rooms to be quiet, and great for sleeping. I always ask for extra pillows and towels, and they were waiting for me in my room when I arrived. There are plenty of restaurants close by so you have good choices for dinner. Everything was very clean which is what I look for in a property. The cleaning staff were friendly and helpful as well. Overall, this is probably the best choice for lodging in Springfield, hands down. There's no doubt in my mind as to where I will stay next time in Springfield, and I will recommend it to all my business associates. So if you are looking for lodging in Springfield, look no further than the Residence Inn.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, and they are pet friendly as well.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank bill925
Thank you for being a loyal member of the Marriott chain and allowing us to be your place to stay on your first trip to the Springfield area. I will share with the front desk and let them know you had a very nice warm welcome from the front desk. We unfortunately do not serve a social on Monday evenings, but we do serve them on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evening and try to make the evening's a little special. I am glad to hear that we will be your choice of hotel when you visit again and I look forward to hopefully meeting you someday.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Wow! This brand new hotel is absolutely incredible, and for a reasonable price. The decor, service and accommodations were just lovely. I just wish I was able to stay more than one night. I highly recommend this place. Even the guests were nice!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Darin D, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield South, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your comments about our hotel. We were glad to see that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We would love to have you come back and live with us. Just let us know when to expect you.