“Great stay”

Residence Inn Springfield South
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have plenty of places to stay on business downstate and I almost always stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Sringfield South because of the accomodations and people. They go out of their way every time I am here to make me feel at home. Extremely friendly and great business perks along with dinners/snacks some nights with a great breakfast every morning. Some of the people that make my stay great are Catie, Robyn, Cathy, Ken, Karen and James. Great place to stay and see vacationers here too.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Darin D, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and the staff members. I will share your comments with the the team. We hope to keep making this place your second home.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Springfield South

Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is a new Residence Inn and it is absolutely out of this world. The furnishing are the most beautiful I have ever seen. Even the lights beside the bed have plug-ins for your cell phones. Carpeting in the hallway is even outstanding. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Darin D, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

I would agree with you about this Residence being out of the world. I feel like that each and everyday that I come to work. All of the amenities are set up to help the guest enjoy each and every part of their stay. Marriott has seemed to have thought of everything when they built this hotel. Thank you for the kind words about your recent stay.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

This Residence Inn is relatively new and is very clean and well appointed. My room was clean and I was able to rest well, as the hotel was quiet. I had the breakfast (included) in the hotel lobby and the food was fine. The service staff were helpful and kind. If I visit Springfield again, I will definately stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for the kind words about the cleanliness of the hotel. Our staff works very hard each and every day to keep the cleanliness to a high standard. We feel very appreciated when guest mention these things to us. We are waiting for the day to serve you and your family again. Please come and stay with us very soon.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

My family and I were in town for a reunion and all stayed at the Marriott. What a great place! It's so nice to stay at a place where the staff makes you feel so welcomed.Thank you Cathy, Ken and Bridget. They made it so easy for us with early and late check in.
All the extra they have at this hotel were awesome(breakfast and happy hour) The rooms were so nice and clean and bright. It was the talk of the reunion. So happy we booked with them. Missing it already. Can wait to come back. Thank You for making it a great reunion.

1  Thank retired5527

Thank you for mentioning the great service you received from Ken, Bridget, and Cathy. We all get very excited when we hear kind words about our team members. We are also happy we were the talk of your reunion. Please keep us in mind for your next reunion. We would love to have you back at the Residence Inn in Springfield, IL.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed there for one night while driving cross country. At check-in, requested a first floor room. None were immediately available, but front desk clerk (Cathy?) went to find housekeeper and asked her to drop everything and get a room ready for me. She offered me food and drink while I waited. ALso gave me a discount coupon for the restaurant across the street.

Room was bigger than most, very clean. New, modern.

Was a surprisingly pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your kind words concerning our Guest Service Manager Cathy. We are pleased to have her on our staff and she does an extraordinary job for the Residence Inn. I will pass along your comments to her about the service she provided to you.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My wife and I had only one night to spend in Springfield, and we wanted it to be a pleasant stay. The Residence Inn by Marriott was outstanding. It is a new hotel with a unique and interesting layout to the rooms. The staff went out of their way to make us welcome. Thanks Marriott.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words about our new Residence Inn in Springfield, IL. We wish you would have had more time to see area. I will pass your comments along to our hotel staff.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We own 6 weeks of Marriott timeshare, are platinum members of the reward program, and have over a million reward points! We know what we want when we travel!
This property is right up there with the JW resorts anywhere!
Fantastic service, Mark, Kathy, and Ken were outstanding! Wow is how we felt about the lobby, rooms, everything!
Well done Marriott!
This is a great place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Wow!!!!!!Thank you for the kind words of comparing us to a JW. We appreciate the kind words and thank you for choosing the Residence Inn.