“We left.”

Ranked #3 of 57 things to do in Springfield
Kansas City, Missouri
“We left.”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Book said there was a tour every half hour. We rushed to be there right on time. But tour had filled up and they started early. We would have stayed for next one but we felt the staff member was rude. So we simply left. Go early so tour won't leave you behind.

Visited September 2013

• Korean first
Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful "Hidden Gem" of Springfield”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were not originally planning on visiting the Dana-Thomas House, but the front desk staff at the Hilton Springfield suggested that we take the tour, and my fiance and I are very pleased that we toured. My fiance was a bit hesitant since she does not particularly enjoy architecture tours, but she hasn't stopped raving since! The staff is helpful and professional. Only a donation is asked for an entry fee and it was well worth taking the time to go see.

1 Thank Mark N
St. Louis
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Amazing tour with THE BEST tour guide!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I arrived to take the tour at the Dana-Thomas House around noon on a Thursday and turned up being the only guest there. What a treat that turned out to be for me! My tour guide (I apologize, I do not remember her name), was hands down, the best tour guide that I have had for an experience like this! And to think these individuals are volunteers donating their own personal time! It goes to show how passionate they are about the home and stories! I LOVED the home and could not believe the amazing detail, thought, and perception of the design and layout. Incredible home and is not to be missed! The stories my tour guide shared with me were just outstanding and I learned so much regarding the time frame, the lifestyle, and the amazing technology the home offered during its time. This tour is AMAZING and I highly recommend it to anyone in the area! Hopefully you get as lucky as I was being the only guest and have the honor of a one of one tour!! There is no cost, but donations are accepted prior to taking the tour. The standard donation for adults is $10, and I gave $20. Worth every penny and more for the experience I received!

Thank K&JSt.Louis
Bartlett, Illinois, United States
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Closed on Mondays”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Though the house was closed on Mondays, we just had to stop by and see the Frank Lloyd Wright home. I am sure it would prove to be amazing!

Visited September 2013
La Grange Park, Illinois
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Stunning example of FLW design”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I wasn't aware of this home before we arrived, but we all considered this one of the highlight of our trip to Springfield. It did take my breath away to see the beauty of this architect's meticulous work. Donations are accepted, which means it can fit within everyone's budget. Not for small children, but my 12-year old summed it up perfectly: 'I could live here!'

1 Thank CMGtraveler

Been to Dana-Thomas House? Share your experiences!