“A great look into one of the most renowned Americans.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum

Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum
Ranked #1 of 54 things to do in Springfield
More attraction details
Owner description: In a stunning combination of scholarship and showmanship, the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum immerses you in Lincoln's world and time. Journey from a rustic Indiana cabin to the Executive Mansion in the nation's capitol; follow the fate of America's 16th president and share the joys and sorrows of a family - and a nation.
Los Angeles, California
145 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 451 helpful votes
“A great look into one of the most renowned Americans.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2010

We really enjoyed the museum, especially the two shows included. The artifacts (including his stovepipe hat!) were great to see also. It was a great couple of hours spent learning more about an important person and time in our history!

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Lincoln, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2010

Some parts are a little Disney-esque but I've been 4 times and have really enjoyed it. Great for families!

1 Thank jpslms
Chicago Illinois
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2010

This was a very well done museum about Lincoln. We also went to the Indiana State Museum featured exhibit on Lincoln during the same trip. This was much better. The displays were more informative and attractive. I would highly recommend this for all ages except small children. Staff was friendly and informative. inexpensive street parking was available.

1 Thank 80hours
California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The Museum you Must see!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2010

I have always wanted to go to Springfield, Illinois, to see Lincoln's grave and whatever else 'Lincoln' I could see. I am grateful we were not in the area before 2005, when the museum opened. I was unprepared for what I would experience. This museum is amazing and very well done. If one knew nothing about Abraham Lincoln upon entering, all would be known upon exiting. It is well done, incredibly realistic, informative and fun. I wonder if there is another like it. If you love Lincoln, you must see it, if you live in America, north or south, you must see it. It is a MUST SEE for all. There is much to see in this town and near by, too.

1 Thank Bryn3
Santa Monica, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Okay, Only If You Are Not a Lincoln History Buff"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2009

I have to agree with my wife on this one. It is a Disney version of Lincoln's life. Great for a family but if you are into history like I am, this place doesn't scratch the service. The Carter, Johnson and Kennedy library and museums are much better in terms of getting to know the presidents.

When I go to a museum I don't tons of want pictures and words, that I can see in a book. I WANT ARTIFACTS! All I saw were a few artifacts like a lock of hair from Lincoln and his family, one of his stovepipe hats and some of his original writings.
Oh there is a piece of wood from his Kentucky home but I wasn't convinced that it was real. It looked too new.

I wanted to see some of the clothes he wore. Maybe they're too expensive I dunno but I know that the museum in the basement of Ford's Theater in Washington DC has some of his clothes and I think the Smithsonian must have some as well. Couldn't this museum put out an ABP throughout the country to see if there are other artifacts out there? I bet there are some sitting in attics somewhere.

The wax figures throughout the museum were nice and the building is beautiful but I left the place wanting more. You'll probably love it like most of the others in this forum.

Be sure to visit the Lincoln home in Springfield which is the real deal!

Hollywood Howie