“Would definitely stay there again!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Springfield
Ranked #29 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed July 14, 2010

We stayed there one night. The motel was next door to Ihop and there were many other restaurants nearby. The room was well kept and comfortable, but there wasn't a coffeemaker, refrigerator or microwave in it. The room had a window seat, which was a very nice touch. My brother was travelling with us and stayed in a handicapped room. He was also very pleased with his room. He noticed some problems in the bathroom and mentioned it to the desk clerk. She was very concerned and wrote down everything he told her. The breakfast had a nice variety - cereal, bagels, hardboiled eggs, etc.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 12, 2010

My family and I stayed here as we were passing through on a long tip. The staff was excellent and very helpfull. They gave use free food coupons for the resturants in the area and even got my little girl a couple of fresh muffins in the middle of the afternoon. The room was quiet and comfortable and had just enough room for us. The price was very cheap as well too. We liked it so much that we satyed here again as we passed trough to go back home. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Overall it was worth the value. Room was clean, above average service and breakfast was good. Pool was small but kids enjoyed it. Stayed right next to breakfast area and didn't hear a thing. Allowed early check in which helped us see more of the sites.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2010

The hotel was so-so. I had never stayed at a Microtel so I wasn't sure what to expect. Stayed 2 nights. It just wasn't the rating level of a hotel I and my family typically stay at. It was small and had very basic rooms. My kids liked the full length mirrors on the walls and the small pool. The interior walls were really thin and we could hear conversations both above and to the side of us in the evenings. The staff at the hotel was very nice and helpful ~ they made us feel very welcomed and we couldn't beat the price. A bargin find.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2010

I don't know what hotel everyone who posted rave reviews stayed at, but it was not the Microtel Inn & Suites in Springfield, Illinois. After reading so many positive reviews, I immediately booked a room with plans to stay for several days. The second I walked into the room I knew I had made a big mistake. The room was dark, dreary, the carpeting was filthy and the room was almost creepy. It was a 90+ degree day and the air conditioning was barely cooling the room, even after adjusting the temperature down. I could not make myself spend one night in that awful room, and checked out within minutes of arriving. I had to pay for one night's lodging, but it was worth it since I couldn't get out of that place fast enough.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 30, 2010

I just love the design of their rooms. Clean Spartan lines, mirrors to expand space, light switch locations that make sense. Crystal clean. Furnishings don't try to say anything. They let you be. Hard to explain. That's the "zen" part. Nice front desk person. Good computer in lobby. Quick walk to IHOP next door.

Reviewed January 21, 2010

Having driven for 8 hours, we pulled off the interstate and found this gem of a spot. The suite was just what we needed to relax! We were able to walk to Applebee's next door for dinner and enjoyed a complimentary breakfast at the hotel the next morning.
We made a point of stopping there on our way home!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple