“Nice basic room”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Springfield
Ranked #30 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed April 4, 2009

This was a nice basic place to stay one night as we passed through Springfield. The front desk clerk was very pleasant. Our room was compact but very clean. The bed was moderately firm which works well for my back problems. There are a number of chain restaurants surrounding the Microtel for a quick meal. Senior citizen discount rates start at age 50.....so we took advantage of that discount. We would stay here again if we were passing through town for one night.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Springfield

Reviewed April 2, 2009

I"ve never heard a ton about Microtels before, but we were told that it was a nice place to stay by one of the locals. The room is great! Very clean and nicely laid out. Mirrors behind the beds make the room seem larger. The front desk staff was very helpful and polite. Lots of restuarants nearby (a few within walking distance). 10 minutes away from downtown Springfield where we spent the day at the Lincoln museum and current and old capitol buildings. Great place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 30, 2009

This place just got new flat panel televisions for every room, a cozy window daybed, and for 1/3 less than some of the nearby hotels, was perfect for the price. Only problem was they forgot the shampoo for my room.

Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 11, 2009

I checked in at 8pm and the clerk was nice. The room was awesome. Everything was clean and superb. I had absolutely no problems. It was like home away from home. I would definitely recommend this hotel. It is very reasonable pricing, but yet is above average in quality and service.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2008

We were on a trip following Route 66 East to West, and so of course Springfield, IL was on the route. We had looked for a motel close in to the historic areas (downtown), but nothing looked good to us, so we settled on this motel on the outskirts, and were very happy we did so. Actually, we were a straight shot into town and the historic attractions. The motel was very clean, comfortable, and attractive and served a continental breakfast. There are restaurants within walking distance. I keep a journal of our road trips and have a star by this motel, meaning it is one I would happily stay in again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2008

The Microtel is a great place to stay! The rooms were very clean. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The ONLY thing my family did not like was the small pool. It is the size of a large hot-tub....We just finished a 10 day trip and stayed at alot of hotels, this was one of the cleanest hotels on our trip!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2008

I try to stay at Microtels because I am happy with the room layouts and the friendly service. This location did not disappoint. Check-in was fast and very friendly. I was given a room on the top floor because I wished to have the most quiet space possible. The room was small but had all the features I could want in a short overnight stay. It was spotless and smelled really pleasant, almost flowery (but not overpowering) when I arrived. This location was built around 2003, but does not show it. If I ever have a need to stay in Springfield again, I will certainly stay here again.

Five minutes away from downtown and the Lincoln attractions.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple