I stayed one night at the Microtel hotel in Springfield, IL on 9/15/12.
1) The front desk employee that checked me in was very professional and got me checked into my room quickly with no hassles.
2) My room was on the third floor and the room was much cleaner than I had expected. The layout of the room was very good and I was amazed at how they incorporated the lighting above the king bed and in the living room area above the small sofa. Where the TV was located was a little strange, but it allowed the TV to be viewed from both the bedroom area and the living room area.
3) The room was quite with minimal road noise from the nearby highway. I did not hear any noise from other guests in the adjoining rooms.
4) The "free" breakfast did not have much to offer. There were no eggs or oatmeal. The coffee and bagels were fine. I guess it was better than nothing, but definitely no Denny's!
5) The room and hotel was much nicer than what I expected. I would stay here again and highly recommend it to anyone needing a quality room at a reasonable price. There are only a handful of hotels in the Springfield, IL area. Plenty of restaurants in the area with more expensive hotels a few blocks away. The area seemed pretty safe to me. Easy access to I-55. Downtown Springfield is only five miles away.
6) I highly recommend visiting the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum (downtown) and Lincoln's Tomb at Oak Ridge Cemetery.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Springfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Springfield Hotel Springfield
- Springfield Microtel