“Awesome as expected”

Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Awesome as expected”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Typical Hampton stay, everything perfect, great breakfast, oversized rooms close to shopping and easy to get to from the freeway. My favorite chain with the best value for the money. I highly recommend this Hampton

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
dthurman2, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield - Southwest, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Hi there LA Traveler,

I'm Darrin, general manager here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Southwest in Springfield, IL. I just wanted to thank you for offering up a review after your recent stay. I was thrilled to read Hampton is your favorite brand. There truly is so much value for your money. Thanks for your stay AND all the other nights you have chosen Hampton. We appreciate your loyalty!

Darrin Thurman,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 24, 2014

A newer Hampton Inn and Suites located on the outskirts of the city...easy to locate...near major roads for easy access to tourist sites. 3 mid-quality restaurants nearby...need to drive a distance to find an upscale restaurant/pub. Nice grounds surround this hotel...nice reception area...common area near front entrance seemed somewhat smaller than other Hampton Inns. Rooms are spacious, very clean, with new furniture and features. Quiet and comfortable night stays. Usual continental breakfast. Pleasant staff. Well suited for a longer stay in Springfield...which is needed if one wants to see many of the historical sites in and around Springfield. We would return to this hotel should we again be in Springfield.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Doug B
Hello Trainchaser,

On behalf of all the staff here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Southwest, we thank you for choosing our hotel while in town. I am so glad you found the accommodations to be clean and comfortable and the staff to be pleasant. We strive to provide an outstanding experience and I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with us. Again, thanks for choosing us.

Darrin, GM
PS....Stay on a Tues, Wed, or Thurs and enjoy our evening reception from 5:30 to 7:00. Complimentary drinks and snacks. It's a great way to unwind after a day of business or sightseeing.
Dodgeville, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Room was spotlessly clean and quite. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Our TV quit working and they were there within minutes to reprogram and get it going again. Pool was clean and just the right temperature. Breakfast room was clean and inviting and we enjoyed the food.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello Julie,

I wanted to be sure to respond to your recent review and thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I'll be sure to share your comments with our staff regarding the cleanliness and also in how they responded to the problem with the television. I apologize for the inconvenience and I am so glad the staff was able to fix the issue quickly. Again, thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Southwest and we hope to have you back again soon.

Darrin (and the entire team at Hampton SW)
Overland Park, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2014

The hotel was great and the staff called to verify everything was okay with the room. We had a suite and it was very roomy: separate sitting area (chair, sleeper sofa, tv, table/chairs, closet, sink, microwave, refrig) and bedroom (2 beds, tv, closet). Both rooms had an air conditioner unit, but the one in the bedroom didn't seem to change. Wifi was good - connected with no problems. Comfortable beds. Good variety for breakfast. Quiet room. Negatives: I prefer firm pillows and these pillows were rather flat, the room got a little stuffy during the night, and there's apparently only 1 elevator in the hotel so you might have to wait for a while. Overall, though, great hotel and I enjoyed my stay. I would recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Hi Katrina,

I'm Darrin, general manager at the Hampton Inn & Suite Southwest. Thank you so much for offering a review of your recent stay. We love to get the valuable feedback our guests offer and always use it. I'm so glad our two room suite met your needs. It really offers that extra space to allow the family to stretch out. Many families love this room.

I'm so sorry to read about your dissatisfaction with the pillows. I did want to mention we offer 4 feather pillows (placed on one bed) and 4 cotton pillows (placed on the other bed). Sometimes guests don't notice that each bed offers a different pillow type. I will check out that particular room to see if the pillows perhaps need replaced. Thank you. In the morning the elevator can be in heavy use and causes some delays. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Again, I appreciate your feedback and we hope to have you back again in the future.

Darrin, GM
Pleasant Plains, Illinois
Reviewed June 23, 2014

A great place for groups to stay for weddings or other venues. Location is great for travelers with access to Interstate highways (2) and near restaurants, shopping and gasoline stations. The hotel was very clean, the employees friendly and the breakfast choices very good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Lawrence, KS
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Where do I begin? I just got back home from ten nights at this amazing property, and I've stayed here a number of times in the past. I keep coming back because of the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff, from the very hospitable GM right down to the breakfast servers and the housekeepers. Front desk staff are unfailingly polite and, even when extremely busy, manage to smile and wave when they spot me entering the lobby. When I check in, all the "old timers"--and there are several employees who have been here for YEARS--greet me by name (and the new employees soon learn it). My room is always clean and comfortable, and I love the long desk, which works out wonderfully when I have work to do in the room. (I can lay out all my papers and notebooks, etc.) The breakfasts are great, and I'm not even a person who usually eats breakfast. But I made sure I was downstairs before breakfast time was over, just to partake in the luscious fresh fruit (what a delightful surprise to find fresh strawberries, raspberries and blueberries in the mixed fruit bowl), the zucchini bread (it's wonderful), and the bananas with witty sayings written on their peels! (Why can't all other hotels be this thoughtful?) The indoor pool is small, but warm and inviting. There are fresh-from-the oven cookies available just about every afternoon. (And the strawberry cookies are unbelievably delicious.) On Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, there are snacks in the early evening, and even different varieties of wine. Lexie and Catherine (fabulously friendly intern) are so much fun to talk with in the morning at breakfast on weekends, and Chef Gary is accommodating and genial on weekdays. The housekeepers will try to clean your room at specified times of the day if you ask (and they're not too busy), and they will also leave sweet little notes in your room. I'm allergic to aerosol scented sprays and they are careful not to use the heavily-scented products when cleaning my room. (Thanks so much, Chris and Megan!) I need to give a shout-out to Dylan at the front desk. He is always so kind and thoughtful. Susan (also at the Front Desk) is amazing, too. The past couple of visits, I've missed seeing Richard, who now works nights, but he was always terrific, as well. (I know I've left lots of super-friendly employees out of this review, but let me add that they are all jewels. The staff seems to be like a closely-knit family, and that's a great sign that management is doing something right.) It's a fairly small property, so just about everyone on staff remembers me from visit to visit. The Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield--Southwest is a perfect example of Midwestern hospitality, and I look forward to every stay there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Very nice, clean, attractive facility. Great breakfasts, coffee, etc. Very helpful, friendly staff. Good location and easy access. Large comfortable rooms with good lighting and exceptionally clean area throughout. Hot cookies, fruit, and various coffees and teas are excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends