“Site for Wedding Guests to Stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield - Southwest
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed June 23, 2014

A great place for groups to stay for weddings or other venues. Location is great for travelers with access to Interstate highways (2) and near restaurants, shopping and gasoline stations. The hotel was very clean, the employees friendly and the breakfast choices very good.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Where do I begin? I just got back home from ten nights at this amazing property, and I've stayed here a number of times in the past. I keep coming back because of the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff, from the very hospitable GM right down to the breakfast servers and the housekeepers. Front desk staff are unfailingly polite and, even when extremely busy, manage to smile and wave when they spot me entering the lobby. When I check in, all the "old timers"--and there are several employees who have been here for YEARS--greet me by name (and the new employees soon learn it). My room is always clean and comfortable, and I love the long desk, which works out wonderfully when I have work to do in the room. (I can lay out all my papers and notebooks, etc.) The breakfasts are great, and I'm not even a person who usually eats breakfast. But I made sure I was downstairs before breakfast time was over, just to partake in the luscious fresh fruit (what a delightful surprise to find fresh strawberries, raspberries and blueberries in the mixed fruit bowl), the zucchini bread (it's wonderful), and the bananas with witty sayings written on their peels! (Why can't all other hotels be this thoughtful?) The indoor pool is small, but warm and inviting. There are fresh-from-the oven cookies available just about every afternoon. (And the strawberry cookies are unbelievably delicious.) On Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, there are snacks in the early evening, and even different varieties of wine. Lexie and Catherine (fabulously friendly intern) are so much fun to talk with in the morning at breakfast on weekends, and Chef Gary is accommodating and genial on weekdays. The housekeepers will try to clean your room at specified times of the day if you ask (and they're not too busy), and they will also leave sweet little notes in your room. I'm allergic to aerosol scented sprays and they are careful not to use the heavily-scented products when cleaning my room. (Thanks so much, Chris and Megan!) I need to give a shout-out to Dylan at the front desk. He is always so kind and thoughtful. Susan (also at the Front Desk) is amazing, too. The past couple of visits, I've missed seeing Richard, who now works nights, but he was always terrific, as well. (I know I've left lots of super-friendly employees out of this review, but let me add that they are all jewels. The staff seems to be like a closely-knit family, and that's a great sign that management is doing something right.) It's a fairly small property, so just about everyone on staff remembers me from visit to visit. The Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield--Southwest is a perfect example of Midwestern hospitality, and I look forward to every stay there.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Very nice, clean, attractive facility. Great breakfasts, coffee, etc. Very helpful, friendly staff. Good location and easy access. Large comfortable rooms with good lighting and exceptionally clean area throughout. Hot cookies, fruit, and various coffees and teas are excellent.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank gloriaz210
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stayed here and found it to be as nice as other travelers indicated. Clean, friendly, wonderful hotel with a competitive price. Breakfast was good. Previously stayed at another hotel downtown due to its lower price and nice rooms, but they raised their prices, so I searched out a different option. Glad I did. Would stay here again without question.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one evening as a base to tour Springfield, IL. Everything was wonderful about the stay. Helpful staff, clean/fresh common areas and room, great exercise room, and a very good breakfast. Highly recommend staying here!

Reviewed June 15, 2014

I spent one night at the Hampton Inn and Suites Springfield Southwest for an overnight business meeting. I did not get a chance to use the pool or have breakfast but for my needs this hotel was perfect. First, upon check in there was a line of several people and the within minutes another employee came over to help. It was a friday night and I did see several people staying with a wedding party however the room was quiet. The room was extremely clean with a working fridge and microwave. The ice machine was located close to the center of the building and easy to access near the elevator. There was not much next to the hotel however on the same block if it can be called that there was a Meijer and several restaurants. The hotel is also close to the express way if your on a road trip. I was alone so I don't know if I would consider this hotel a destination in itself but for my needs it was perfect. I would recommend this property for an overnight stay on business or personal travel.

Room Tip: I was in room 300 at the end of the hall and would recommend it for a quiet night and easy access to...