All reviewschuck wagonevening receptioncomplimentary breakfastshopping and restaurantsroom was cleanqueen suiteoatmealgreat place to stayexcellent hoteleasy accessfresh fruitcookieslincoln siteswould definitely stay here againthe breakfast areastaff was friendlyexcellent stay
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

I can't say enough about this hotel. From the moment you walk in, the staff is all smiles. The lobby and rooms smell fabulous, no mustiness at all. The pool and fitness room were both very clean.

Only comPlaint was they didn't have eggs for breakfast, mostly sweet stuff and biscuits with gravy. They had sausage but it was maple flavored (more sugar).

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Melissa C
Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

Since Hampton's have been redone, they are one of my favorite Hilton chains. This was no exception! From the extra friendly front desk staff (Darrin was great!) to the great breakfast staff (Morgan and Sally!), everyone was wonderful! I watched Sally take little stickers off the fresh fruit for about 10 minutes...details that many places would overlook! Rooms were very clean...breakfast, including to-go bags, was above my standards. Nothing bad to say. Oh, and free beer and wine and snacks on Tu-Th nights from 5:30-7p!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Ben B
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We stayed here 6 years ago when in town and liked that it was very close to the Drive Inn and the Knights Water Park. We did not go to the water park this trip but enjoyed the double drive inn. The kids love Drive inns and this one is nice.
The hotel was your standard Hampton and was fine. We liked that the breakfast was open till 10 on a weekday after being up late at the movies.
It is not close to the Lincoln sites but Springfield is not that large of a town. It took us about 15 minutes to get across town.

1  Thank Chitownbigcityfan
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Just a 10 minute ride to downtown Springfield. Great staff! Very friendly and helpful. We stayed in a suite (spacious) with two grandkids who thoroughly enjoyed the pool. At evening reception I asked if they had anything for the kids to drink and they were most accomodating.
Various restaurants near by (Bob Evans has nice kids menu) with older amusement park close. We played mini golf there. Good breakfast. Discount coupon for the Lincoln Museum. Can't go wrong with this Hilton property!

2  Thank happytraveler048
Hampton Inn S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield - Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

I want to certainly thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your kind words, especially about the staff. We truly feel that's what sets us a part from the rest. I was so happy to see you were able to join us for our evening reception while you were here. Available Tuesday - Thursday, we serve complimentary beer, wine, and host of snacks. It's a great way to unwind from a long day of fun.

We may not be "downtown", but I think its nice to get away from tight parking traffic so you can stretch out! Like you mentioned we are extremely close to Knights Action Park (put-put) and Carribean Adventure, the Route 66 Drive Inn, and now the newly built Scheels Sports Store. You must check this out. One of the largest sporting goods stores in the country, this place is an afternoon of fun in itself. A huge ferris wheel, bowling, Nascar simulator, and MUCH more. Check it out the next time you're in town. Hope you'll stay with us again.

Thanks for your business!
Darrin (and the entire team at Hampton)

Reviewed June 13, 2012

I stayed here for 2 days earlier this week. First I am going to say that the customer service here is top notch. The front desk always greeted me whenever I walked past and asked me if there was anything that they could help me with. My room (2 queens and 1 pull out couch suite)was very clean both days. The size was more than adequate for 2 adults and 2 teens. Pillow and blankets for pull out couch were not in room but managed to procure them easily enough. Continental breakfast had many selections and the breakfast attendant always kept things refreshed and clean.

Front desk informed me that they would be updating lobby area soon and I wondered why as I thought it was very nice. I really liked this area of Springfield. Quiet, safe and near to restaurants and some shops. You just hop onto the nearby freeway to take you to Hwy 6 which takes you right downtown where all of the important sites are located.

I only was upset by one thing. The hot tubs jets were not working. When I told the front desk, they informed me that it would be worked on soon.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write this review- when I shared your comments with my team, they were so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. I have to agree wtih you but of course I'm a little partial. The staff here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Southwest is pretty great. As general manager, I've been lucky enough to work with this fantastic team for the past several years.

Hampton offers a ton of value! A large free breakfast, complimentary high speed internet, an indoor pool and hot tub, and we have a recently updated 24 hour fitness center featuring all Precor equipment. Our Hampton even has an evening reception Tues-Thurs serving complimentary beer, wine, and a host of snacks. We hope you can stay with us again soon and get a chance to check this out. Our guests love it!