Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield - Southwest
Courtyard Springfield(Springfield)
Fairfield Inn Springfield(Springfield)
Motel 6 Springfield(Springfield)
  • Pool
All reviewschuck wagoncomplimentary breakfastevening receptionshopping and restaurantsroom was cleanoatmealgreat place to stayeasy accessexcellent hotelnice staycookiesfresh fruitwould definitely stay here againlincoln sitesthe breakfast areastaff was friendlydowntown area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 20, 2012

There is a big sign at the lobby door that says "STOP. If there was anything that you were unhappy with during your stay please tell us before you leave". This sign says alot about the management of this hotel. Upon checking in a received a warm yet professional greeting and when I arrived in our suite there was a personal note addressed to me from the manager welcoming me by name and assuring us of a present stay. There was also a note from the housekeeper on the night stand next to the bed. If that wasn’t enough, we received a phone call from the shift manager asking if everything was alright with our room! Wow -- you would have thought we checked into the Ritz rather than Hampton Inn.

The only problem was the room and stay was not up to the Ritz level. We didn’t spend any time in the room until we arrived back after a late evening at a formal dinner. We went to bed right away and were both woken up with a very loud engine sound, like a motorcycle in the parking lot, we thought. After ten minutes or so it stopped. We fell back to sleep, only to have the same loud motor sound come on and off all night long roughly once an hour. I honestly don't know what it was other than to say it was not in our room but rather a bad wall heating unit above or below us? Or maybe some type of loud pump with bad bearings above or below us? If we hadn’t arrived back so late and weren’t already in bed we would have tried to move to a different room.

In the light of day we noticed the windows were greasy and dirty as if a young child had sticky hands on the glass that was not cleaned by housekeeping. Other than that, the room was clean and well appointed. We made our concerns known upon checkout and the clerk said he would let the housekeeping staff know about the problems.

The location of this hotel is on the outer fringe of Springfield so if you are coming in for the state fair or to see the historical sights this location might be a bit far out for you. Also, the price was a bit high given the location. We had a lower rate at the downtown Hilton within walking distance of the Old Capitol. Good location if attending an event at Panther Creek Country Club.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Port-A-Fan
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I was here with my familily. We got 3 rooms. All were very clean and comfortable.
If we ever need to go back, this is the hotel we'll stay.
The breakfast was great as usual at Hampton Inn too.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Benjamin N
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times now for business. The staff is great! They knew who I was after only staying there once. I had to stay there over Valentine's Day and they left flowers for all of the women who spent the night there. The breakfast is good with plenty of options (for me anyway). Rooms are always clean and there is a lot of restaurants just up the road.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We stayed one night and were very impressed with this hotel. The staff was so pleasant and helpful! We had a two queen suite that was so huge! The ceilings had to be 12 feet tall and that made the room so spacious! My only complaint was when another person shut their door ours would rattle. The door jam wasn't sealed right. This is something that can be fixed. Otherwise I would definitely recommend this place. The beds were not too hard and not too soft. We all slept very good.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2011

So as I sit here in my hotel room on the free wi-fi I was compelled to rave about the experience here at the Hampton Inn. The staff is absolutely amazing. Many have commented on them and my experience is no different. Each and every person is friendly, goes out of their way to help you, and keeps a smile on their face.

After driving a very long 10 hours from Minneapolis through sleet and snow I arrived exhausted and hungry. I was met by warm wonderful people here who offered to personally help me with anything I needed to get settled in the room. A hot cocoa bar had been set up in the lobby next to the Christmas tree and my kids eagerly dug in. The next morning brought a free breakfast setup including eggs, oatmeal, waffles, cereal, and many other options.

I reserved a Queen suite to cover my 5 member family. Each bed was very comfortable and we all had a great nights sleep. The room was very spacious and extremely clean. And the hotel was whisper quiet. I'm not sure if it simply wasn't very busy but I could not hear other guests at all. And we're on the first floor where you generally can hear everything.

If I had a complaint it would be a few things in the bathroom. The toilet paper is pretty typical of the budget hotels - one step above sandpaper. Lighting in the shower/toilet area is very dim. But in the grand scheme of things these are so minor it really didn't diminish the experience.

I've stayed at several locations in Springfield when visiting family and this hotel by far gives the best experience. It isn't the cheapest, but you get what you pay for. If you want a great nights sleep taken care of by a 5 star staff then this is the place to be.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family