“In process of updating- and needs it!”

Staybridge Suites South
Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Mixed feelings on this one. Front desk staff very nice at check in. Priority Club room upgrade I requested was granted! The room though- ugh. The hallways smelled like old food, the carpet in our room was threadbare at the edges, the room was only partially cleaned (there was hair on the bathroom floor in the corners along with dust, the extra pillow in the closet had hair on it, there was a bath towel hanging on the hook behind the door). The housekeeping staff also left a card with her name (Brittany) and an envelope for tips. We usually tip well, especially during the holidays, but NO WAY in this case! The bed was very comfy (after a VERY thorough inspection after seeing the condition of the room). The room was very soundproof (so rare!) and very dark with the blinds closed!! Breakfast was good, the pool was surprisingly warm and the hot tub fabulous. The location is very nice- close to a lot of restaurants, Meijer and Scheels. If housekeeping would do their job better, the carpet updated, and the weird smell removed, this would be an excellent property.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jamie B, Manager at Staybridge Suites South, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We heard your concerns and are working on solutions to help our housekeeping department run smoother. We are very excited to say that we will be recently renovating the entire hotel and would love for you to come back and give us another try. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I was assigned to work in Springfield and stayed at the stay bridge Suites. While room appeared to be clean, the hotel is dated in the appearance and appointments (no flat screen TV). I had to change rooms because the first assigned rooms heater did not function. The clocks in the both rooms were not set and did not function. The food was awful both breakfast and evenings. The location seems to be close to the local attractions. Wal-Mart and Mennards were close by which was convenient, My luggage was delayed and I needed the basics like toothbrush, toothpaste etc. There was a charge for the toothpaste.
It will not be my first choice of hotel stay in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Jamie B, Manager at Staybridge Suites South, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

I would like to thank you for your valuable feedback on your stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet up to your expectations. Kindly be assured that we are taking the necessary actions to remedy these issues. Please provide us with the joy of being able to serve you again in the near future. We look forward to seeing you again and exceeding your expectations!

Assistant General Manager

Reviewed December 6, 2013

My husband, my son and I visit Springfield, IL frequently, and we have stayed at the Staybridge Suites each time. In fact, we've stayed there so often that we have acquired over 20,000 rewards points. Generally, our stay is fairly comfortable; however, this past visit was a true disappointment. We had requested an early check-in, but we were delayed and did not arrive at the hotel until 1:30 p.m. which was evidently still too early because we had to wait over an hour before our room was ready. The room (#204) had a distinct dog odor and we were told that no other rooms were available. The next day, we left the room early and we were gone until about 5:00 p.m.; but when we returned to the room, it had not been cleaned at all. The beds were not made, the towels were not refreshed, and the garbage was not emptied. We did not expect a thorough cleaning, but we did expect those things to be done as stated in the room attendant information. When we reported this neglect to the front desk, we received an apology, but we were told that the cleaning staff was finished for the day! Again, we were highly disappointed in this last stay, and we will be changing to the Hampton Inn for future hotel stays in that area.

Room Tip: Room #217 is a very bright, comfortable and conveniently located room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joanne H
Jamie B, Manager at Staybridge Suites South, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Joanne,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day and offering us your feedback on your most recent stay. Our IHG Rewards Club members are very important to us. We are greatly sorry to hear about the inconveniences you had during your stay. It is Staybridge's motto to provide all the comforts of home to all of our guests. Your feedback enables us to remedy any inconsistencies we may have in our methods of operating the hotel. We will take your requests to heart and hope that you will give us another chance in the future to perform to our true standards.

Assistant General Manager
Staybridge Suites, South

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I was in Springfield on business for about a week, and my job had us stay here at the StayBridge.
Upon first visiting, I was initially impressed, the lobby and the staff seemed friendly enough. I found my way to my two bedroom suite (that I shared with a co-worker) and was pleased with the size of the room and my king sized bed.

The appliances....(fridge, dishwasher, microwave, range top) were decent, and so was the shower.....(not as good as the Marriott, but good enough) and up until that point, I was impressed..........until the next day.

So the next day after returning from a 10 hour work day, I came back to find that our room had only been "half-cleaned". The hairs in the face bowl left from me shaving were still there; I also noticed that my bed was made in a "hurry"........thus letting me know someone didn't know how to do their job.

So I figured it was just a fluke and left it alone. So I showered and went to bed. The next evening, I come in from another 10 hour day, and find the hairs had yet to be cleaned and that the tub hadn't been touched. I was completed turned off. Never again will I stay here! I'd probably have better luck at a Motel 6......

As for the buffet breakfast.......I've seen better. It's good to have when you're running out the door in a hurry, but not if you have a specific taste for good breakfast food. I would have liked to seen a better variety.

Overall, I was NOT all that impressed. The week before we were at the Crown Plaza, which was MUCH BETTER!! Unfortunately.....it was all booked up for the second week of our business trip.

In closing....if you're expecting a certain quality of service.....don't look for it here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Sherri W, Manager at Staybridge Suites South, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback on your most recent stay here. Your response gives us the opportunity to improve future stays for all of our guests. We are certainly disappointed to hear that we fell short of satisfying your needs. We are looking into your specific stay and the incidences that occured during your stay and would like you to know we are already working on fixing these discrepancies. It is our hope that you will return to us and give us a chance to perform to our true standards.
AGM, Staybridge Suites, Springfield South

Reviewed October 10, 2013

clean, very nice hotel, with great breakfast. nice clean fitness center and pool area. Close to shopping and resturants. rooms come with small kitchen area. Staff was extremely nice and helpful. Very comforable beds

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. Loved the breakfast in the morning. The staff was very nice and helpful. Loved having the kitchen in the room. Beds were really comfortable. Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Rooms are fully equipped for long stays and perfect for short stays as well.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I am not a huge hotel fan, but I have got to tell you, this place feels like home, not a hotel. I have stayed here several times on business trips, and it's excellence every time! The building is well-kept both inside and out. The rooms are always comfortable and clean, down to every detail. They even leave mints on your pillow! I even love the thought they put into their toiletries, especially the bar soap with massaging nodules on it. A few days a week, they provide you with free dinner and drinks (beer, wine, soda) as well. Great place to stay!

Room Tip: I've stayed on all floors and every room is nice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business