Mixed feelings on this one. Front desk staff very nice at check in. Priority Club room upgrade I requested was granted! The room though- ugh. The hallways smelled like old food, the carpet in our room was threadbare at the edges, the room was only partially cleaned (there was hair on the bathroom floor in the corners along with dust, the extra pillow in the closet had hair on it, there was a bath towel hanging on the hook behind the door). The housekeeping staff also left a card with her name (Brittany) and an envelope for tips. We usually tip well, especially during the holidays, but NO WAY in this case! The bed was very comfy (after a VERY thorough inspection after seeing the condition of the room). The room was very soundproof (so rare!) and very dark with the blinds closed!! Breakfast was good, the pool was surprisingly warm and the hot tub fabulous. The location is very nice- close to a lot of restaurants, Meijer and Scheels. If housekeeping would do their job better, the carpet updated, and the weird smell removed, this would be an excellent property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites is an all suites extended-stay hotel in Springfield, Illinois, home of Abraham Lincoln and The Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum. Each suite is designed for maximum flexibility and adaptability to meet all of your individual needs. Whether you are relocating to the area, on a project assignment, or just getting away for the weekend, Staybridge Suites has what you want! Staybridge offers 3 different suite room types; Studio, One-Bedroom, and Two-Bedroom. All suites contain a fully equipped kitchen, living room, 2-line telephone, direct in-room phone#, voice mail, and free high speed wireless Internet and wired Internet access. Hotel amenities include 24-hour service desk, complimentary breakfast bar, evening Sundowner reception(Mon-Thur), fitness center, business center, swimming pool, free guest laundry facility and complimentary shuttle service (8:00 am-6:00pm). The Staybridge Suites is located within a few miles of downtown Springfield, The Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum, White Oaks Mall, and Frank Lloyd Wright's Dana Thomas House. We are located off of I-72 and Route 4 at exit #93 in Prairie Crossing, Southwest Springfield. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Staybridge Suites South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites South Hotel Springfield
- Staybridge Suites Springfield