I was in Springfield on business for about a week, and my job had us stay here at the StayBridge.
Upon first visiting, I was initially impressed, the lobby and the staff seemed friendly enough. I found my way to my two bedroom suite (that I shared with a co-worker) and was pleased with the size of the room and my king sized bed.
The appliances....(fridge, dishwasher, microwave, range top) were decent, and so was the shower.....(not as good as the Marriott, but good enough) and up until that point, I was impressed..........until the next day.
So the next day after returning from a 10 hour work day, I came back to find that our room had only been "half-cleaned". The hairs in the face bowl left from me shaving were still there; I also noticed that my bed was made in a "hurry"........thus letting me know someone didn't know how to do their job.
So I figured it was just a fluke and left it alone. So I showered and went to bed. The next evening, I come in from another 10 hour day, and find the hairs had yet to be cleaned and that the tub hadn't been touched. I was completed turned off. Never again will I stay here! I'd probably have better luck at a Motel 6......
As for the buffet breakfast.......I've seen better. It's good to have when you're running out the door in a hurry, but not if you have a specific taste for good breakfast food. I would have liked to seen a better variety.
Overall, I was NOT all that impressed. The week before we were at the Crown Plaza, which was MUCH BETTER!! Unfortunately.....it was all booked up for the second week of our business trip.
In closing....if you're expecting a certain quality of service.....don't look for it here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites is an all suites extended-stay hotel in Springfield, Illinois, home of Abraham Lincoln and The Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum. Each suite is designed for maximum flexibility and adaptability to meet all of your individual needs. Whether you are relocating to the area, on a project assignment, or just getting away for the weekend, Staybridge Suites has what you want! Staybridge offers 3 different suite room types; Studio, One-Bedroom, and Two-Bedroom. All suites contain a fully equipped kitchen, living room, 2-line telephone, direct in-room phone#, voice mail, and free high speed wireless Internet and wired Internet access. Hotel amenities include 24-hour service desk, complimentary breakfast bar, evening Sundowner reception(Mon-Thur), fitness center, business center, swimming pool, free guest laundry facility and complimentary shuttle service (8:00 am-6:00pm). The Staybridge Suites is located within a few miles of downtown Springfield, The Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum, White Oaks Mall, and Frank Lloyd Wright's Dana Thomas House. We are located off of I-72 and Route 4 at exit #93 in Prairie Crossing, Southwest Springfield. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotel.de, Reservation Counter, HRS and Despegar.com so you can book your Staybridge Suites South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites South Hotel Springfield
- Staybridge Suites Springfield