“very nice”

Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
bolingbrook, il
“very nice”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

clean, very nice hotel, with great breakfast. nice clean fitness center and pool area. Close to shopping and resturants. rooms come with small kitchen area. Staff was extremely nice and helpful. Very comforable beds

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Orland Park, Illinois
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. Loved the breakfast in the morning. The staff was very nice and helpful. Loved having the kitchen in the room. Beds were really comfortable. Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Rooms are fully equipped for long stays and perfect for short stays as well.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Peoria, Illinois, United States
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I am not a huge hotel fan, but I have got to tell you, this place feels like home, not a hotel. I have stayed here several times on business trips, and it's excellence every time! The building is well-kept both inside and out. The rooms are always comfortable and clean, down to every detail. They even leave mints on your pillow! I even love the thought they put into their toiletries, especially the bar soap with massaging nodules on it. A few days a week, they provide you with free dinner and drinks (beer, wine, soda) as well. Great place to stay!

Room Tip: I've stayed on all floors and every room is nice.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I just checked into this Staybridge Suites. I am supposed to stay for 2 nights but I will only be staying one. I have to be in Chicago Sunday afternoon and was looking for a comfortable place to stay and hang out and watch football. I get to my room and much to my dismay I see an armoire when I walk in. And sure enough when I open the doors there is an old Cathode Ray Tube Zenith TV circa 1980s. This is not what I had in mind. If I wanted to watch TV on some old 27" TV I would've gone to Motel 6. In all my travels, I have never seen a Staybridge Suites that looks and feels old and uncomfortable. This one has that feeling from top to bottom. Extremely disappointed and will never ever stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Phil555555
Sherri W, Manager at Staybridge Suites South, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Phil555555,
Thank you very much for choosing us and offering your feedback on your stay here. The feedback from our valued guests, like you, gives us the opportunity to build ourselves up for a better stay tomorrow. We are truly sorry to hear that we were not able to satisfy your needs. We have noted all your requests and would like you to know we are already working on fixing these discrepancies. It is our hope that you will return to us and give us a chance to perform to our true standards after our upcoming renovation.
Jamie Brown
AGM, Staybridge Suites, Springfield South
Mishawaka, Indiana
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I travel for business quit extensively for business and almost always stay at IHG properties. I've stayed at several Staybridge Suites hotels over the years and usually love them. However, this one completely underwhelmed me. Upon check-in they never acknowledged that I was an IHG platinum member and was never offered an upgraded room from a studio suite to a larger suite. Trust me, by the number of cars in the parking lot, there were plenty of vacant rooms.

The staff was ok, but not overly friendly and the food offered that evening was average to below average. The rooms also did not have flat screen TVs. Really? It's time to upgrade. The room was clean, though, so it was not a complete disappointment and it is right off I-72, so it is convenient. With a little more effort from the staff and a few amenity upgrades, it could be a much better hotel. The next time I'm in Springfield, I will be staying at the HIE or Crown Plaza.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites South, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear DJC313,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We are sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations this particular day. We do value our IHG Rewards Club members and I apologize if this was not the case when you stayed with us. I do hope you will give us a chance to make it right and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Again, thank you for the feedback and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Nevada
Reviewed July 30, 2013

In my previous stay back in November 2012 I was unable to sleep on the bed - too firm. I am so pleased to report that they did update and the bed is terrific! I think it was one of the best nights sleep I've had in awhile in a hotel so I am so pleased I tried this again. It is so convenient to my work and the Meijer shopping plaza nearby makes getting groceries a breeze.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Illinois
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed 7/18-7/20/13 in a King one bedroom suite. Our room was very clean which is important. This hotel is only 5 min. from the waterpark so I imagine it gets a lot of action. The staff was all very friendly and accommodating, always spoke as you went in and out and asked how your stay was going. They do a really good job with the free breakfast with a good variety of both cold/hot selections, the area available for sitting to eat is limited. The young man that was keeping the breakfast dishes filled on Saturday 7/20/13 was outstanding. There was a large group of teenagers (basketball?) that were consuming the food as fast as he could put it out and never once did he lose his smile. My 4 yr. old granddaughter wanted Froot Loops and the container was empty. He happened to over hear her and said let me get her some cereal and in a flash had the cereal and filled her bowl for her. As an added surprise, they have free dinner Tues-Thurs and we enjoyed 3 different kinds of Papa Johns pizza, wine, and beer which was wonderful since we were tired from the waterpark and not really wanting to go out to eat.The bed and the pillows were comfortable, the couch a bit dated, nice small kitchen area with microwave, frige, coffeemaker, stove, and dishes and utensils. Coffee, creamer, and a pack of microwave popcorn was also provided and our granddaughter really enjoyed that for an evening snack after being at the waterpark all day. We totally enjoyed our stay and hope to go back before summer is over.

Room Tip: We had a 3rd floor king suite, quiet, air worked well.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family