“Good option in downtown Springfield”

The Grille at City Centre
Ranked #83 of 487 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Full service downtown dining featuring family-friendly American fare. Homemade soups, salads, burgers and entrees. Full bar with big screen TV viewing and video gaming. Breakfast buffet also served from 6:30am to 11:00am.
Champaign
“Good option in downtown Springfield”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My daughter and I were searching for a place to eat lunch on a Sunday in downtown Springfield, and there weren't many options available. We were glad to find Bennigan's adjacent to the Hilton Hotel.

Our service was friendly and efficient. I had the Irish Dip Sandwich, which was very tasty. My daughter had a burger which was large and delicious. We also had country vegetable soup - a generous bowl which was welcome on a chilly day.

The restaurant was not busy for Sunday lunch, so we enjoyed a leisurely and relaxing time. I would definitely return on a future trip.

• Visited September 2013

Springfield, Illinois
“Great food”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Bennigan's is in downtown Springfield, IL attached to the Hilton Hotel. Have not been there through the week, but the weekends are a great time to go.

The food is typical of other Bennigan's including my favorite, the Monte Cristo. Yummy!

Definitely reccomended!

Visited October 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Pub Food In a Casual Yet Sophisticated Atmosphere”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I quite enjoyed the atmosphere of this Bennigan's. The walls were not cluttered with pointless objects and there was a nice open feel to the whole restaurant. The staff was quick and kind. Amanda was our server as we at ate the bar and she was a pleasure. She was nothing but genuine and made sure both my fiance and I were satisfied. My fiance loved the steak salad and I enjoyed the chipotle turkey wrap. We will definitely eat here again when in Springfield, especially since it was attached to our hotel!

Long Island, New York
“Average, no atmosphere when we visited, seemingly bored waitress, slow service”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Having eaten at Bennigan's in New York before, I expected good food, good prices, and staff with exciting bubbly personalities. We went to find a place for dinner around 7:30PM and it seemed as if they were getting ready to close. We were seated very far from the bar, which seemed to be lively as my ast visits. The area we sat in seemed about a mile away from the entrance! One table had a very noisy, loudly yelling and laughing family. The waitress seemed to be "going through the motions," almost bored with the job. Food was OK, but the atmosphere in general was disappointing.

“Will go back”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

In town for business for a week and this is attached to the hotel I'm staying at so I figured it was worth a try. Thought about ordering first night in, never had heard of this restaurant and googled their menu and the fact they didn't have prices on menu scared me away but co worker insisted we go tonight. I was very surprised with the value. Prices were very reasonable. I thought outside the box and ordered a half of monte cristo with potato soup. The soup was amazing. The sandwich was still very large but it really wasn't my thing. The powdered sugar threw me off but none the less, it was not stingy with the meat and cheese. Alot of food for less then 10 bucks. Will be going back this week and exploring other items on the menu.