“very very nice!”

Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Iowa
“very very nice!”
Reviewed June 27, 2007

I was in Springfield visiting family in hospital. Hotels in Springfield area are pricey. Husband back home researched local hotels and came across Motel 6. I just wanted someplace to shower and get a safe good nights rest. He booked it on line for a GREAT rate. Interior corridor is a must!!! Three floors and has elevator and outdoor pool. Was very clean. Room was perfect!. There was no hair dryer (fine cuz I always bring my own) and no alram clock (again no problem cuz i bring my own). Room did not have big dresser wasting space nor table. Instead had a very nice counter that had two chairs pulled up to it with a couple shelfs for items. T.v was mounted high on top of shelf above a small clost so it was very easy to see. Was a smaller tv then some other larger chains have, but that was fine. I wasnt there to watch tv. Bed was very comfy with 2 very nice big pillows. The bathroom was very large and I loved the shape of the corner shower unit. During check in I noticed 2 patrol cars parked in the lot. Sister is local to the area and said the patrol training area is nearby. So we had 2 patrols staying over at the same hotel. Felt very safe. Air conditioner worked GREAT and hotel was VERY VERY quiet!!!!!. Never heard one footstep in the hallway. OH and they have ice machine and vending in a nice area seperated from the hall way and hotel room doors. I will be checking for Motel 6 locations for many more travel dates in my future.

• Liked — Rate and Location
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
3 Thank familytripplanner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
mchenry,il
Reviewed May 29, 2007

After reading a previous review, regarding a simple clean room, I decided to try it. I have allergies so I asked for a room that didn't have pets in it recently. They said that the rooms on the first floor towards the front of the building they try to keep pet free. They also let me see the room before deciding to stay there. I was pleasantly suprised. The room was simple with built in shelves, attached TV and two beds, but best of all, no dirt. The housekeeping service does a wonderful job. I travel a lot and ususally stay at really expensive places, so for 34.00 it was a bargain. If you are looking for a basic room, that is clean and comfortable, bring your own alarm clock and hair dryer, and stay here! Plus there's coffee in the AM which was nice. : )

• Liked — affordable simplicity
  • Disliked — they let pets stay there
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
Barrington, Illinois
Reviewed May 23, 2007

We were driving back from Branson and it was getting late when we saw the Motel 6 sign as we were coming into Springfield. It is basic Motel 6 but very clean and quiet. There were several youth baseball teams staying there and I never heard a sound from them past 10pm. The beds were comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Liked — clean and convienient
  • Disliked — thin towels
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed June 16, 2006

I found the Springfield Motel6 after I had to cut my visit to St. Louis short. I was running behind schedule on my vacation, and I had just left St.L after a tornado watch. Springfield was to be a day stop on the way to South Bend, so I figured I'd stop there a night. When I saw the Motel 6 sign on the exit, I pulled in. What I found for less than $40 was a clean, basic room with a decent bed. A washer and dryer down the hall, and a pot of coffee in the lobby when I woke up. As with most Motel 6's, there is a decent diner next door. Oh, and they have an outdoor pool. Thanks, Tom, for leaving the light on for me.

• Stayed May 2006