“Clean and quiet, no fuss.”

Motel 6 Springfield
Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed June 9, 2010

So I was just near Springfield on business. Having just come back from New York, I can tell you this Motel 6 is way better than the midtown hotel I stayed in there that cost about 6 times as much. If you're just looking for a place to park it for a good night's sleep, it really can't be beat. I guess you could stay at the Drury if you need a temporary "bar" in the lobby to serve you some beer and mediocre wine, but seriously....why bother?

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed May 31, 2010

This motel was right off the freeway and right next door to a nice little restaurant. I made reservations on-line a few days before and they had exactly what I had booked ready when we got there. The room was a little small and lacked some normal things like a clock, Kleenex and hand lotion, but it was cheap (about $60) and super clean and quiet. The pool was really nice also. I would definitely go back to that hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2010

I haven't stayed in one of these since the mid 80's, and if it hadn't been for the other very favorable reviews, would have passed this one by easily. Gotta tell you - for the money, this is an excellent choice! About the only things I would caution: no shampoo, no hair dryer, or towels for the pool. Wireless costs, and there's no breakfast. If you're OK with all that, this is the place for you!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2010

After reading recent reviews of this hotel we decided we had to try this place -- we weren't disappointed! We've stayed at other Motel 6's and didn't expect much other than a cheap place to stay for the night. The biggest difference at the Springfield Motel 6 is the room cleanliness, property upkeep and the kindness of their staff. We had to check out a day early because of a family emergency and the manager refunded our room cost for the second night without question. We were very grateful and recommend this hotel highly to anyone looking for a reasonably-priced, friendly place to stay in the Springfield area.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2010

For a very competitive rate, they provide the whole economic package. No frills, just a great, friendly place that knows how to take care of you during your stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 25, 2010

I had read the reviews of this property and it lived up to my expectations for cleanliness.

I also found it very quiet. I was assigned a room in the back of the hotel facing the freeway. I asked if it would be noisy and the desk clerk said she never gets freeway noise complaints, but if I think it's noisy come back and she will assign a different room.

As soon as I got in my room I listened for highway noise, but it was amazingly quiet. I think the only noise I ever heard was a really loud motorcycle.

I had not stayed in a Motel 6 for sometime. I was a little taken aback by the budget aspects a very small single room, small TV, no closet, no shampoo, etc.

If you want a budget accommodation I can't imagine a better choice in Springfield.

The Hen House restaurant next door is great for an inexpensive, filling breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 20, 2010

I have always been a bit leary of motels but I read the reviews of this one and thought I would take a stab at it. I have to admit I had made reservations at another hotel JUST IN CASE the reviews I read were not favorable. When I arrived I was pleasantly surprised that it actually looks more like a hotel. I stayed in room 301 on the third floor and I didn't have to come off of the parking lot, as most motels are. The room was spotless as well as the bathroom and bed. Traveling alone I needed to feel safe and I definitely felt this way. The hotel is surrounded by major restaurants, Wendy's, McDonalds, Cracker Barrel, and then some. Walgreens and Walmart are just a short drive away as well as another grocery store. I will defintely stay here again when I'm in the area. You can't beat the price and the cleanliness of this place. It's not the Crowne Plaza but yet it's certainly not a dump. The tv worked, not flat screen, by a 19 inch. No closet, yet a nice and clean place to hang your clothing. No frig or microwave in the room but I didn't miss it at all. I was there for just one night. The bathroom was nice sized as well as the desk. They have WiFi for the cost of $2.99 which worked fine. Again, I was pleasantly surpised.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business