WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Motel 6 Springfield

Motel 6 Springfield
Ranked #25 of 39 Hotels in Springfield
iowa
“Good Value for the Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed at the Motel 6 last night. I was impressed by how clean and updated the rooms were. The facility was clean and fresh and very reasonably priced. We booked two adjoining rooms for $45/room for my husband and I and our three kids.

Our only complaints would be that the beds weren't the most comfortable and the walls weren't terribly sound proof. The motel allows pets and we were awoken quite early by a barking dog in an adjacent room.

I would definitely stay again though. Great value for the price.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cmw133

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

The room was very clean and I like the bamboo floors. The tub was very nice and even had a seat built in it. The water pressure was fine in the shower, but terrible at the sink. My husband hardly had enough water to shave with! There were two things I was very disappointed in. One thing was that they charge for wifi. Nearly all motels have free wifi these days - including Disney (and I didn't think they ever would!). Also, there was no clock in the room. I've stayed in motels before that had no clock, but if you asked for one at the desk, they would give you one. I asked and they said Motel 6 didn't have clocks any more to save expense. Well, I would have liked to have had one in the room! One other thing that I wasn't happy with was that the door to our room rattled every time another door closed on our side of the building. Our door rattled off and on all night long and made it difficult to get a good night's sleep. I was having enough problems sleeping anyway because it felt like my bed had a ridge in the center of it. On either side of the ridge, it felt like I was going to roll off onto the floor! The motel was okay for what we had to pay for the night, but I doubt we'll stay at another one.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank IAMom_09
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

The price was fantastic at less than $65 with tax (on a peak night). The room was very clean and clearly recently remodeled to a modern style. I loved that they didn't have carpet, instead a bamboo laminate flooring. Much more sanitary than icky hotel carpet! One might think this would cause more noise, but the room was super quiet and we slept wondefully. The shower was roomy and clean. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and attentive. Thank you Motel 6! I will be back!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank SaavyTraveler26
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

We haven't stayed in a motel 6 for years and were pleasantly surprised. The room was small but very clean. Had either been recently remodeled or fairly new. Not sure. Many families staying
there. We were attending a softball tournament and stayed two nights. Very good value for the money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank IrisHenderson
Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

The hotel was decent for what we paid. (with AAA discount it was only $49!!). The rooms were modern, and clean. Kids enjoyed the outdoor pool. The desk clerks were friendly and helpful. it was a convenient location for us to sightsee.
A few complaints were that I didn't think the beds were very comfortable and you could hear noise from the hallway. On three towels there was a foot long black hair; all were in plain view. In my opinion, that is very gross.

Also there was no cart available and I had to drag everything up (including a large cooler). The desk clerk said that the main trance man was using it to fix an airconditioner!!

White Haven, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

so it is only fair that I mention a really good one. This Motel 6 has been upgraded - painted, new beds, new tv, nice bath. The staff was cheerful and the pool was clean. The price is right and the location is good for anyone traveling Rte. 55. There are many things to do in the area. We went to Fantastic Caverns. I would stay here again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

I would be loathe to give bad marks to a hotel that costs less than $50 a night. But I was pleasantly surprised by my overnight stay in the Motel 6. My family and I are relocating, so we don't really have a place to live right now. My children and I stayed in this hotel the night before leaving to join my husband in our new state. The most important things were that the hotel was clean, safe and I could bring my puppy. There are laminate floors in the rooms (no nasty carpet) and the bathrooms have huge bathtubs, with a built in seat. I'm pretty sure two people could probably fit in there. The room was smallish but tastefully decorated and the beds are comfortable. I'm not sure why someone said there are no channels for kids because they do have Cartoon Network. The pool has decent hours of 9-9 (or maybe 9:30) but it was thundering by the time we were ready to go out, so unfortunately, we didn't get to use it. There is also a coin-operated guest laundry, which has two washers and two dryers but I still didn't have to wait; no one else was in the laundry room when I needed it. I did not smell smoke anywhere in the building and had no trouble with anything not working in my room. The curtains are a definite plus, as they block out the light. I had expected a lot of highway noise, since it is very close but I never heard any that was loud enough to be disturbing. The hotel was very quiet and we were never disturbed. When we come back home to visit family, I wouldn't mind staying here again. It's affordable, and I know the area because the home I just moved out of is only 2 mins away. It's a very safe neighborhood and for under $50 a night, you get more than what you pay for.

2 Thank bonniej216