“Would stay again.”

Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Illinois
“Would stay again.”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We haven't stayed in a motel 6 for years and were pleasantly surprised. The room was small but very clean. Had either been recently remodeled or fairly new. Not sure. Many families staying
there. We were attending a softball tournament and stayed two nights. Very good value for the money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank IrisHenderson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Wisconsin
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The hotel was decent for what we paid. (with AAA discount it was only $49!!). The rooms were modern, and clean. Kids enjoyed the outdoor pool. The desk clerks were friendly and helpful. it was a convenient location for us to sightsee.
A few complaints were that I didn't think the beds were very comfortable and you could hear noise from the hallway. On three towels there was a foot long black hair; all were in plain view. In my opinion, that is very gross.

Also there was no cart available and I had to drag everything up (including a large cooler). The desk clerk said that the main trance man was using it to fix an airconditioner!!

White Haven, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 17, 2012

so it is only fair that I mention a really good one. This Motel 6 has been upgraded - painted, new beds, new tv, nice bath. The staff was cheerful and the pool was clean. The price is right and the location is good for anyone traveling Rte. 55. There are many things to do in the area. We went to Fantastic Caverns. I would stay here again.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

I would be loathe to give bad marks to a hotel that costs less than $50 a night. But I was pleasantly surprised by my overnight stay in the Motel 6. My family and I are relocating, so we don't really have a place to live right now. My children and I stayed in this hotel the night before leaving to join my husband in our new state. The most important things were that the hotel was clean, safe and I could bring my puppy. There are laminate floors in the rooms (no nasty carpet) and the bathrooms have huge bathtubs, with a built in seat. I'm pretty sure two people could probably fit in there. The room was smallish but tastefully decorated and the beds are comfortable. I'm not sure why someone said there are no channels for kids because they do have Cartoon Network. The pool has decent hours of 9-9 (or maybe 9:30) but it was thundering by the time we were ready to go out, so unfortunately, we didn't get to use it. There is also a coin-operated guest laundry, which has two washers and two dryers but I still didn't have to wait; no one else was in the laundry room when I needed it. I did not smell smoke anywhere in the building and had no trouble with anything not working in my room. The curtains are a definite plus, as they block out the light. I had expected a lot of highway noise, since it is very close but I never heard any that was loud enough to be disturbing. The hotel was very quiet and we were never disturbed. When we come back home to visit family, I wouldn't mind staying here again. It's affordable, and I know the area because the home I just moved out of is only 2 mins away. It's a very safe neighborhood and for under $50 a night, you get more than what you pay for.

2 Thank bonniej216
Edwardsville
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Stayed for a few nights in mid June for business. The place was overall clean and the price was very good, $52 per night. Small fridge and small microwave were included. Well lit parking lot at made the room brighter than it should have been. Had to add additional items around the window to help block out the light. Little things make you realize you are staying on the cheap; no iron/ironing board, no hairdryer (one is available at the front desk but it was checked out the entire 3 days I was there), no toilet seat cover, (things fall in the toilet), no drawers for clothes and the rooms are not carpeted. Maid service was very lax. She came in the room and left new soap, didn't sweep the floor and just threw the sheets from the unmade beds toward the headboard. Not remade at all! I expected most of this, so I took it into account when I made the reservations. Despite the missing little things, I would stay here again. As long as you don't expand a Conrad Hilton, you should feel safe, get a clean room at a great price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

3 hotels on this corner. This one was half the price of the other two. Very basic, no luxuries... But clean and comfortable.

Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Bilgewax
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed April 15, 2012

For a Motel 6 it is pretty good. Rooms are new and the decor is nice (actually the bathroom was pretty cool).
There was however one drawback that tainted our visit. The horrid stench of stale cigarettes that permeated the lobby and all the hallways. It just ruined the nice atmosphere of the hotel and made it seem cheap and yucky. The room thankfully didn't smell too bad, as long as you didn;t leave the door open for too long.
Not recommended for asthmatics.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family