“Very nice, basic accommodations”

Motel 6 Springfield
Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Chesterfield, MO
“Very nice, basic accommodations”
Reviewed May 8, 2011

I picked this based on TripAdvisor reviews. I was shocked that it was number 2 in Springfield, but I was very impressed when I arrived and it appears to have earned that rating. They have a nice covered entry (it was pouring rain) and a very nice lobby area. Checkin took a while; I had to fill out paperwork, which I find annoying when I have already given all the information in the internet reservation. The room was very large and basic. There was a large counter/desk area for working and the bathroom was a nice size with plenty of counter space. The TV only had about 30 channels and you had to pay to use the internet. The heat/AC was quiet and didn’t blow on me, and I slept great in the bed. There was a slight mold odor in the bathroom and the carpets could use a good vacuuming. Definitely one of the better Motel 6’s I have stayed at. I agree with the reviews, if you need a cheap, basic place to stay in Springfield, this is the place.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank jjctraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Decatur, Illinois
Reviewed May 1, 2011

Excellent stay, not noisy, clean rooms and bathroom. Hot water, front desk Shaun was very efficient and nice. To get a room at this price and this clean is very hard to do. Excellent all around!! Thanks

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
midwest
Reviewed April 8, 2011

Clean room on the 3rd floor, management said fewer pets stayed on 3rd floor & no evidence of pets noted in room. Along Route 66, not too far from Cozy Dog Restaurant, a Route 66 "must stop." Right next door to the Hen House Restaurant which offers a nice breakfast with a 10% discount if you show your Motel 6 room key. Friendly check-in clerk gave us some tips about historic Route 66. Room was small but comfortable, clean, no-frills, affordable. Could hear some people in the hotel coming in, but not a problem. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Supposedly fewer pets on 3rd floor if allergies.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank atravellermidwest
Milwaukee
Reviewed January 15, 2011

Thanks to previous reviews, we decided to give this Motel 6 a try. The hotel is handy for Springfield sightseeing if you have car. The room was super-small, but thoughtfully designed. It included a good, comfortable bed, cable TV, a handy bottle opener in the bathroom, and a nice, hot shower. (However, there was no hot water in the sink.) The lobby featured an ice machine and a vending machine, and the staff was friendly. If you wanted to grab a six-pack, a liquor store is kitty-corner from the hotel. The Hen House Restaurant next door was handy for breakfast. Nice story: We chatted with a friendly couple on the way in, and they left and wished us a good journey. When the waitress came back to us, she said that the couple had bought our breakfast. (She'd never seen them before.) Talk about paying it forward! We were so impressed by their kindness.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Here There and Everywhere
Northumberland
Reviewed December 3, 2010

On arrival we were warmly greeted by the receptionist who answered all our quiries. The room was of a satisfactory size and clean. However, toiletries and coffee is not supplied.
In the corridors there was a strong smell of smoke although this did not penetrate the to the room.
A convenient stopover, quite near to basic shopping.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Near Chicago, IL
Reviewed November 16, 2010

I booked a room at this Motel 6 based on the ratings found on TripAdvisor.com, and I was glad I did. I had asked for a quiet location, and I was put at the end of a hall where I could barely hear anything outdoors. I was near a stairway door, however, and hallway noises were very audible inside my room. The price was right as I paid $36 (Senior rate) for my room. I had arrived late and left early, and this room was fine since it was basically for sleeping only. The room was very "no-frills" with no Kleenex or desk clock, but, since I had been forewarned, I brought my own. The room was smaller than most, but, apparently because the hotel is so new, it was very clean. The shower fealt great and there was plenty of hot water. Check-in was efficient and the desk people I dealt with were both very friendly and efficient. Breakfast is not included, so I went to the Hen Hose next door, and the food was fine and reasonably priced. The hotel is easy to find at a major I-55 intersection just a little south of Springfield.
In summary, if I were going to spend more time in the room, I would probably opt for something such as a Hampton, but for my purposes on this trip, this motel very adequately served my needs.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo