“Awesome food”

Nick & Nino's Penthouse Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Nick & Nino's Penthouse Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 484 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 7th
Description: Perched 30 stories above Springfield's capital city, Nick & Nino's Penthouse Steakhouse offers unparalleled food, ambiance and service. Our small intimate dining experience is perfect for a romantic dinner, entertaining business client or a night out with a group of friends. We serve only the finest certified Black Angus aged steaks along with a selection of mouth-watering entrees. At Nick & Nino's we treat every occasion like it's a special occasion.
Springfield, Illinois
“Awesome food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have eaten here three times and have never been disappointed. If you are willing to spend the money, this place is top of the line. Good atmosphere, delicious food, good service and a good bar as well.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Ken T

Overland Park, Kansas
“Very nice, very nice. I will be back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

After reading all the reviews, I wanted to try this place, but I knew I wasn't going to be ordering steak. As I have stated before I can often find food at finer dining that fits my per diem. First of all the hostess greeted me & offered me various place to stay. Fortunately they do offer dining at the bar, which is great for solo dinner. The bartender took very good care of me. He knew the menu & could make recommendations, the wine list was on the iPad. I wasn't terribly hungry that night, so I just ordered an appetizer. The filet migon sushi roll for under $12. The plate I received was beautiful (see picture!). The sushi probably had about nine pieces, they were sliced thinner than I other sushi I have had at other places. It made it a bit hard to pick up with the chop sticks. That would be my only complaint, because there was nothing wrong with the taste. I would like to go back & try some other items next time. Decor is dark greys, very classy with a view of the city of Springfield (30th floor of the Hilton). It is very elegant, although I was dressed casually, I did not feel out of place nor treated differently. The only thing I found confusing was the wait staff dress. Classic black pants, white shirt, with a black tie that was left open hanging off their neck. I kept thinking the waiter I saw coming in & out of back area was off duty! It took me awhile to figure out that was er, uniform for all the wait staff. However the bartender had a business tie, not loosed but tied properly. I personally would either ditch the tie entirely, or have the wait staff tie the classic way. This had nothing to do with their service, I just found it odd. (Ok, maybe I do watch too many shows on the Food Network, which talks about presentation at a restaurant.) Lastly, as I was leaving the hostess did inquire how I enjoyed my meal. She did this with the couple that left before me as well. I thought that was a nice touch, since I don't recall ever having a hostess "follow up" after the meal before.

• Visited June 2013
Naples, Florida
“I can't believe this is in Springfield!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

My 29 year old daughter and I came up from our home in Naples, FL for my mother's 95th birthday. (My Mom just will not move south!) Anyway, one of the evenings my Mom wasn't feeling up to going out so we tried Nick & Nino's. Great decision.

The cream based lobster bisque is terrific as is the Caesar's salad. We both asked for anchovies and got 9 each. Most restaurants give you just a few. My daughter went with the bone in filet and I tried the bone in veal chop. Both were tremendous and you can actually get very rare in this restaurant.

We got Nick's "special potatoes," ($8) which were pretty much scalloped potatoes with way too much cheese on them. Pretty much inedible. It's a shame he put his name on them.

We have been all over the world with our tennis business and this restaurant stands up well with the best in London, Venice, Rome, Barcelona, etc. (Except for the potatoes.) It's not cheap. With a glass of wine and one martini, the bill for two was $220 with tip.

Advisory. There are only four window tables. Book in advance if you want one. There is, however, a lounge for pre dinner drinks which have more windows.

2 Thank J Richard H
Petersburg, Illinois
“Fabulous Food, Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Booked a table on line, the requested window table was awaiting our arrival. Everyone was very welcoming and friendly as we were the first table seated that evening. The house salad was excellent and my husband found the caesar salad to be unusual in its presentation and really wonderful. We went with filets - some of the best steaks we have ever had, pefectly prepared. Nick's potatoes are fabulous - reminded us of the au gratin potatoes at classic chicago restaurants. We split a chocolate dessert which was really rich and beautiful in its presentation. We will definitely return. It was a great experience!

1 Thank Margaret R
Lincoln
“A Hit at the Top of Springfield Illinois”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

We made our first visit to Nick and Nino's last night and we will return. We have eaten in this facility under other owners with mixed experiences. The experience was outstanding. My wife and I both had the 8 ounce filet and they were perfectly prepared and tasty. Nick's potatoes, a form of scalloped potatoes proved to be an excellent side as did the asparagus. We also tried the Caesar salad which was a good decision. We highly recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank Shep8