“Best fine dining experience in Springfield”

Nick & Nino's Penthouse Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Nick & Nino's Penthouse Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 495 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 7th
Description: Perched 30 stories above Springfield's capital city, Nick & Nino's Penthouse Steakhouse offers unparalleled food, ambiance and service. Our small intimate dining experience is perfect for a romantic dinner, entertaining business client or a night out with a group of friends. We serve only the finest certified Black Angus aged steaks along with a selection of mouth-watering entrees. At Nick & Nino's we treat every occasion like it's a special occasion.
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Being a local to the area, I'm actually sorry I have not taken the time to write a review for this place. This is definitely one of our go-to places in town for an exceptional meal experience. The staff, starting by the receptionist, treat you with a warmth and care that is rare in bigger cities. Yet, they have the experience expected from this type of restaurant when it comes to knowing their wines and the meals offered. It is also commonplace to have the Chef come over and talk to the patrons in the restaurant which I feel is always a great touch. All this in a nice ambiance at the top floor surrounded by the lights of the city... makes you feel like you are in a different town altogether. I definitely recommend any steak and the Sea Bass... cannot go wrong with either!

1  Thank G_Rods

Reviewed January 1, 2013

TRY IT OUT, seriously! If you are a foodie, you will be excited we finally have a restaurant like this in Springfield. We can't wait to go back!

What we had:
Wine list very nice, presented on an IPAD
Calamari- Great, crispy, then tossed in a spicy sauce with fresh serrano peppers and bell peppers
Lobster Bisque- Amazing, a bit of a pepper kick, but AWESOME! better than our other favorite restaurant downtown
Seabass: Better than the Seabass I had in Spain, cooked perfectly, served with a rich sauce, with delicious vegetables
Filet: Perfectly cooked, nice quality of meat, garlic crust with mushroom sauce was superb
Asparagus: Cooked in butter and shallots, and served with hollandaise, a great side!

Don't let me forget the bread selection, very artsy and great different textures for palate cleaning. The raisin crostini was a perfect pairing with the bisque.

Needless to say if you are looking for a special occasion restaurant or just a great meal out of the ordinary, try Nick and Ninos.

1  Thank foodieil
Reviewed December 31, 2012

With a fixe menu on New Year's Eve, we didn't get to order what we really wanted. However, everything we had tasted real good. This is a different kind of steakhouse. In fact, I would classify it as an upscale restaurant. The filet's we had were "crusted" and served with a sauce. "Crusted" means that a flavored mixture is placed on top of the cut of meat. This gave the meat a very unique flavor, but it's not what I think of when I order steak at a steakhouse. The best dish of all was the mozzarella and prosciutto crostini appetizer. It was just outstanding! The desserts were outstanding as well. Everything we ate had outstanding flavor, including the bread basket. The lobster bisque was a little spicy and the sides were a little small for two people. The only thing I didn't like was the serving dishes. They were square or rectangular, even the bowl of bisque, and didn't provide enough room for the sides. All of the food was "artsy" which made our dining experience more than just eating at a regular restaurant. Their website doesn't always match what you get when you get there. Just sayin'.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We were there last night for dinner to celebrate our anniversary and it was fabulous. Our Hostess Denise was extremely thoughtful and helpful about my vision problem. Our server Bill was very attentive. He also comped a dessert for a small glitch in my dinner. My husband had the Smoked Chicken and Andouille Sausage Egg Rolls which was mildly spicy with fried sweet potato strings which he would have liked a whole plateful of the sweet pottoes.. I had the Pan Seared Crab Cake Bites which were full of crab and very lovely. My husband had the Chicken Osso Buco which had an Asian flair and very good. I had the Grilled Portobello Risotto and asked if they would be able to add grilled shrimp and Bill our server said no problem. I love risotto and it was fabulous. We liked it so much we are going back tonight to dine with friends. Good job everyone.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

To celebrate a birthday and enjoy a great Friday night meal during this busy holiday time, Nick & Nino's was the right choice. The menu is small but well done (excellent "sides") and the setting is small as well. Atop the Hilton Hotel, it is a treat to see the lights of the city (it is our State Capitol) , have very good service, good wine and overall a memorable evening.
I highly recommend the grits and the hash brown brick.....not diet food but worth the calories.