“A Pleasant Surprise in Springfield”

Nick & Nino's Penthouse Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Nick & Nino's Penthouse Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 494 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 7th
Description: Perched 30 stories above Springfield's capital city, Nick & Nino's Penthouse Steakhouse offers unparalleled food, ambiance and service. Our small intimate dining experience is perfect for a romantic dinner, entertaining business client or a night out with a group of friends. We serve only the finest certified Black Angus aged steaks along with a selection of mouth-watering entrees. At Nick & Nino's we treat every occasion like it's a special occasion.
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The best place we have ever eaten at in Springfield. The steaks were tender and full flavored. The sides were adequate for two people. We opted not to have a rub or sauce, instead ordered the sautéed mushrooms. The wine selection was more than adequate. We chose a cab available by the glass. It was a full bodied. We split a third glass. But for a dollar more we would have had the bottle. My dog was disappointed in the size of the bone on the bone-in filet. It was not what I have been used to. For my wife and me, we thought the house salad a overdressed.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Great atmosphere and views from the 30th floor of the Hilton. It appears to be a small intimate resturant and the tables are really spread out; however, it may be bigger than it appears since the building itself is round. Top notch service with elegantly prepared food. We had fillets each prepared slightly differently. You get choice of crusts and/or sauce. The bread basket was a presentation with all great selections. During dinner the chef came out and visited each table. A very nice touch. This would be my "go-to" resturant if we lived in Springfield.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Made a reservation on Open Table and after being at the restaurant the next day received an e-mail saying the restaurant had cancelled my reservation so I could not review on open table. Took an applicant there for an interview. The tabletops are beautiful and sparkly. The wine list is presented on an Ipad which is unique, but there is only one per table so had to take turns looking at it. The waiter spoke rapidly and appeared bored at times telling us how the steaks had crusts/sauces. The chef was making rounds to tables and I inquired about the rockfish on the menus, he responded with "people on the east coast like it for some reason." I ordered the crab cakes which were well presented and lovely, four small cakes that had the perfect amount of crust. I ordered a whiskey sour which I did finish half way through the meal and the glass was never removed, just sat on a soggy napkin until the check came. I also had lamb chops, medium rare, which were honestly barely rare- fat white and squishy, red and raw interior. I asked to have them cooked more, my plate came back minus one chop!!! and none of the vegetables that I had put on my plate- i.e. a new plate. When I mentioned to the waiter that my chop and potatoes, asparagus were missing he brought out a new container of potatoes. This was not the point. The dessert was lovely in presentation and short on flavor, tasted like something from Sam's club at best. So if I hadn't been so irritated by the removal of half my dinner, this place would have been 4/5 for the atmosphere, but with so-so service, raw chops and missing dinner components, I have to give it 3/5.

2  Thank toering1
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Great service food staff location. Made me feel like a king. Bread choices were so good. Will go back and will recommend. Steak was excellent. View I'd best in the city.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great atmosphere and top chef cuisuine! My husband and I ordered the 20 oz Cowboy ribeye and split it ($40)....it comes with a choice of crust and sauce on the side....we chose the mushroom-truffle crust and Bernaise sauce....sooo good! It was 2 inches thick and had the most wonderful flavor. the Cesar salad was a bit of a surprise, but tasty....it was a whole leaf of romaine lettuce dipped in cesar dressing, sprinkled with parmesean and diced tomatoes with spicy croutons on a plate....all the entrees we saw pass our table looked wonderful...pricey place, but if you want to splurge like we did it is well worth it! Also, be sure to go to Pinnacle Club lounge across the hall before dinner for a Lemon Drop Martini...excellent drink, and views of the city at night.

1  Thank SMALLTOWN2BIGCITY