“Great food, excellent service, loved the menu” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of American Harvest Eatery

American Harvest Eatery
Reserve with OpenTable
American Harvest Eatery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 482 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
North Apollo, Pennsylvania
“Great food, excellent service, loved the menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Visited for the first time with my daughter, and loved the place. Started off with an ok bottle of suggested Malbec, bit sweet but drinkable. Then ordered the ale soup and cheese board, great selections, great taste and lots of different pairings on the board. We proceeded with the chicken and waffles, which my daughter enjoyed I ordered the special, bone in pork chop..chop was a bit overlooked for my likings, my fault should have indicated what I liked. Side were amazing and so was dessert. I one day will hopefully get back.

• Visited June 2013

Des Plaines, Illinois, United States
“Decent, but not for everyone!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Picky, standard-fare diners beware! This food is great- but not for your average diner who isn't looking for super fancy "sounding foods." I dined with four coworkers and personally thought the menu was interesting (but I'm open to trying different dishes) but noticed that my coworkers seemed to have issues picking foods to eat. They however had no issues ordering drinks!

Make sure to review the menu prior to going to ensure this is up your alley! Prices were average and portion sizes were smaller than usual. "Tall drinks" aren't all that tall either!

I'm only rating this a three for the lack of choices that appeal to everyone/intimidation factor form"simple" eaters and the wait staff we had who explained that she was working slow because she was recovering from the weekend and because she had a bit of a sharp tongue.

It was decent but not the absolute best food I've ever had...

Not to mention that you leave a little uncertain about the use of locally grown ingredients as it says on the menu that locally grown ingredients are used "when available"...

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Janine C
Springfield, Illinois
“Hurried up service on a quiet night.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

The good:
1. Liquor selection
2. Freshness on the menu
3. Ability to accomodate a non-menu item.
4. Quality and freshness of the food.

The bad:
1. Sitting and eating on a quiet night, we were asked if we needed boxes for TOGO in the middle of the dinner. And it was far from closing and over half of the restaurant was empty.
2. The order was also taken in a hurry with unordered items being served.
Freshness on the menu did not quite reflect on the food itself.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank springfield_gsogs
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Excellent surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I took a group of 25 people here on a tour I recently scheduled. They accepted the group with only three hours notice. Surprisingly it was everyone's favorite restaurant we ate at the whole week. Service was a little slow (although they did take a large group on short notice), but the food was more than worth it. I would not even try another restaurant in the area, AHE is all I will be eating in the area.

Chesapeake, Virginia
“Perfection! Oh My!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

This place is amazingly yummy! I had steak and my spouse had fettucine with rabbit. This was our first time and because of the reviews we decided to try it. We were not disappointed! Arrived around 5pm (best time as restauarant is small). Our server ,Troy (and the guy that kept filling the water glass) was attentive, gave great suggestions..which we followed and was very pleasant.The food was fresh, light and the portions were just right...not like the typical fare where you get so much food you need a take out box. I am not a dessert person but because the dinner was so exceptional, decided to try the sour cream cake with caramel sauce and cashews. Pleasant surprise.( I would leave out the pecans though...the other flavors were overwhelming and the cashews didn't add value :) We definitely plan to return...yes a perfect place for a foodie! Our new favorite place in Springfield!