“Food Average/Service Terrible”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: http://www.quakersteakandlube.com/Springfield_IL/
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I heard an ad on the radio for Truck Tuesdays and decided to go for the 1st time. We sat at our table for over 10 minutes before someone (not our waitress) took our drink order. My husband and son ordered all you can eat wings. The first batch only contained a few wings so they each ordered a second batch. My husband never got his. We had to ask our waitress several times for drink refills and it took forever to get them. I ordered a pony shoe which came with a lot of fries but very little chicken and the worst cheese sauce I've ever had. Will never go back.

TheOfficialQSL, Franchisor at Quaker Steak and Lube, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

ThanQ for reaching out to us about your first experience. We are sorry to hear that our food and service did not meet your expectations. We highly value all of our guests feedback and will strive to improve on this. It is our goal for our guests to have fun, feel the energy, experience great tastes and know above all else that we care. If you would like to follow up with us please email teamqsl@thelube.com. We look forward to hearing from you and seeing you again.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Visited with the family on our way to shop at Scheel's next door. Pulled in and it looked like a fun place from the exterior. The girls loved the fun joking signs hanging up. The decor is really cool. It is reminicent of a quick lube oil filter place. Our table was underneath a car lift so you could see everything underneath the car. It was a busy place and we chose to eat on the outdoor patio as the weather was nice. The cheese stick appetizers were average but my sandwich was really good. Price was average as compared to other chains. Had a good waitress although she was super busy. Would visit again.

1  Thank softball1966
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Food was great and the price was so right. We arrived with 25 Corvettes and 50 people and they were so helpful. They helped us park and even had a game of Corvette Trivia complete with prizes to entertain us. A very good experience.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stumbled on Quacker Steak and Lube. We were going to Scheels sporting goods store next door and saw the restaurant and we decided to eat there. What a cool place. There are motorcycles and cars hanging from the ceilings. The bar area is surrounded by garage doors that open in nice weather. Cool decor! The menu was massive. I suggest the horseshoe after all Springfield is the home of the horseshoe! We also had homemade potato chips with beer cheese to dip them in. YUM!! Staff was great. You get warm wet wipes and a twizzler licorice with your check.

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoy eating there and would always pick this over Buffalo Wild Wings. You can actually hear yourself think. I will continue to go frequently.