“Stay elsewhere!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Springfield
Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 28, 2010

During a recent stay at this hotel, there was no hot water. Staff at the front desk told us to turn on the water and let it run for 15 minutes, it would heat up. Guess what? It didn't. Complained at the front desk and were told to call the hotel on Monday to speak to the manager. Not worth to stay here. Find some place else.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank joostmo1
baymontsp, Asst. Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2010

Dear Guest,

Plz accept our apology for not having a 100% satisfactory stay & as a part of apology we have given you $50 off on your stay, also Thank you once again for choosing our place out of all other options available.
Reason for not having a hot water on that perticular morning was, One of water heaters thermostate went out. Our all mechanical items do get inspected twice a year to make sure they are performing well but sometimes Machines do make us helpless. The problem has been taken care off and hot water issue was a limited issue for that morning only. Once again our apologies to you and please give us a chance if you come back to Springfield IL area. You have a blessed life.

Reviewed January 23, 2010

I just moved in to springfield for my studies to join UIS. My parents and My grandparents wanted to come in for a week to set my house & things. I made reservation for 2 rooms for a week. By talking directly to a sales person, not only they gave me very nice rate but without even asking they gave us adjoining rooms. My parents & Grand parents loved staying at this place. They have a very nice hot breakfast with biscuits & gravy every morning, Theirs rooms were cleaned every day very very deeply. They do have pool & fitness room as well which we never used. Staff was unbelievably freindly and efficient, looked like they had an answer for every question. One of nights, My grand father was having trouble connecting Free WI-FI, the frontdesk person came up to his room and fixed it in seconds.......... I will always make my family member`s reservations at this place any time they will come to visit me. Believe it or not but value is worth over $100/night and I paid almost 35% less then that.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2009

Lately, Finding a hotel under $70 budget and have a satisfactory stay happens with good fortune only. On our road trip from UTAH to Chicago We used 3 different hotels who charged abt $70/ night. 2 of them were totally a disaster and on 3rd time my wife was asking me just to keep driving other then staying anywhere to throw money to falling apart kind of hotels. but I was so tired and I chose this Baymont Inn Springfield in Illinois. It was our first experiance with Baymont Brand as well. Later on we realized that Baymont was also a part of Wyndham group. Let me tell you thru this kind website that our money was spent right. First time on this long 3 day trip we woke up with a smile on a face. Beds were so good and looked very inviting. Staff was very happy and well trained to answer your any questions. Place is super clean and smells good. Breakfast was also better then last 2 places where we stayed. Interned worked fine in rooms, They also had pool and fitness room etc but we did not have time to use them but we did take a look at them. So Money was spent right and we will give Priority to Baymont Brand while we will be on road for next 2 weeks. Rates are reasonable for those people who does not want to pay $100 just for one night sleep.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank allianceinvited
Reviewed December 15, 2009

It was a last minute reservation and I chose this place after reading some reviews on internet. I stayed here for 4 nights and this place and Baymont brand has totally impressed me with all the upgrades i have seen. I did try Baymong In Michigan about 3 yrs back but I was not that impressed. but this time Baymont Springfield did a fine job. This hotel is very easy to find and very next to the I-55. Access to Sprignfield city area is just at next exit from this hotel. Hotel is clean and rooms and Bathrooms are super clean. Free breakfast in the morning has some good and some ok kinda selection. Free wi-Fi worked fine for me and I had to fax my daily report ot my office every evening so frontdesk people were always curious to help me anytime I wen to frontdesk in the evening and they did not charge me anything extra for using theirs fax machine which also made my job easy. I also used their fitness room every evening and fitness equipments were not as latelst at you will find at some prof. gym but they were fine to work out. Heated pool is a plus point for this hotel. Every evening after using the fitness room I also used their heated pool for 15 mins and I loved it. There are many dining options available around this place as well. Cracker barrel across the street is the biggest plus point for this place. cleaning staff also was very freindly and did a fine job, Overall I did not have any complaints at all. I was impressed with this place. Also I forgot to mention that new bedding style was also very inviting. Beds always looked fresh every evening when I arrived from my work & I think this place has very decent price that will fit any one`s per diem.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2009

my wife and I are very very value driven, We always take our time comparing values when we are out on trip. We stayed at this place, made a reservation thru internet. Upon arrival we saw very good and efficient employee on desk who not only checked us in but he also asked us that what brought us in springfield IL and when I told him that we were visiting Lincoln`s historical sites, with out even spending a second he gave us a nice map with directions on it. He also guided us thru rooms. after check in he called us back after about 15 mins to know that if everything was fine. Also very important to mention that this place is a completly smoke free place. rooms smelled very good and fresh. when we decided to go out for dinner, this guy at the front desk had all the info ready for us regarding all kinds of food and restaurents in springfield including chain restaurents and local restaurents, We ended up eating ar Lake point grill very close to this hotel, which was a very unique testing & they gave us an additional 10% off for being a Baymont Guest. What a respect! Room was very clean and spacious. It also had micro/fridge which we did not request. Indoor pool and spa looked very inviting but we did not have enough time since we were only staying for one night, we did use their fitness room which has an avg equipments for workout, I could have been better. Bed were also above avg comfortable. We are used to memory foam beds but again it was ok. in morning we were little late on breakfast. We enterd room at 9.20 AM. Lady at Breakfast bar was also very very freindly, she had packed most of food items but she made us sit on a table and asked us what she could get for us. I dont know what kind of breakfast they had but We made our own waffle and lady gave us one danish and a bagel which was fresh and we had some juice. upon our check out they also asked us that if everything was fine with our stay or not? all and all very value base and guest caring place to stay. We are from NY area and we dont have Baymonts around us but I have taken their directory so I can stay with them in future. On our Trip to MO we also stayed at some other wyndham chain hotels but this one did a far better job then some others.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2009

We stayed here with my daughter's softball team, very convenient to ballpark. The hotel is well kept, service was .ok., pool area was good, fridge and micro were a big plus........rooms were kinda small, common areas were small (breakfast area, lobby and reception area), and breakfast was pretty basic (cereal, waffles, a few pastries, some fruit, juice, coffee..) There were a few places to eat nearby, but no real sit down eateries other than the Cracker Barrel next door, so dining options are limited unless you want to drive 10-15 mins.. Overall it was a good no-frills deal for a couple days of playing ball ........

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2009

Mattress on the king size bed was so hard that we both awoke multiple times throughout the night with severe stiffness in back. Very poor night's sleep. Worse mattress I have ever encountered. Fold out bed was also uncomfortable and rollaway bed was pathetic. Much noise from room immediately above us. Went through 3 remote controls trying to get one to work...finally gave up on that. The hotel is worn and needs upgrading. Breakfast not impressive. Juice was clearly watered down. Common areas of hotel were warm and humid.
I would never stay at this place again. Days later, my back still hurts.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family

Hello,
Dear, Guest.

Plz accept our apologies for not having 100% satisfactory stay & Thank you for choosing us among all availble hotels in Springfield IL.

Our hotel recently has put new mattresses in all rooms and we have recieved very positive feedbacks from many guests about our maattresses but still if you think they were no comfortable enough, we will make sure from ourside that room which you stayed in, has a mattress that meets Baymont, Wyndham Standerds.