“Nice place for the money”

Baymont Inn & Suites Springfield
Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersGold level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Georgetown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Recently stayed here 5 days and was happy with the room, the rates, the location and the cleanliness of the hotel. Which by the way was renovating while I was there. The staff was A1 in every way. Fantastic breakfasts, ate here every morning even though I had a lot of places I liked along the way to the fairgrounds. They also have a nice spacious pool and spa. Hotel is located in a safe area right off I-55. They also have an angel in the lobby watching over the hotel. I liked that! I plan on staying here next year.

Room Tip: You can get to any part of the city from here in 15 min.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
baymontsp, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Springfield, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Paul, Greetings, We appreciate your business and your feedback, We are glad to learn about how perfect stay you had at our Baymont Inn Springfield IL location. Indeed an A1 staff members, Perfect selection on complimentary hot breakfast items and through cleanliness makes any hotel a great place to stay. We will wait for you to return. Thank you for reading and best wishes to all.
Dubuque Ia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

We were delighted with our stay. The desk clerk went out of his way to choose a room that would be suitable for our needs, and the amenities were flawless. We'll definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

baymontsp, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Springfield, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Pat, Greetings, We appreciate your business and your feedback, Your review reflects our crew members` commitment to our guests. Also It shows how perfect stay you had at our Springfield IL location. We will wait to see you again. Thank you for reading and best wishes to all.
Effingham, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

the room was not good at all for the price but the biggest thing is beware i held the room with a master card when i arrived the desk clerk asked for the card and i said i wanted to charge it to my discover card for the points he took my discover card swiped and gave me a receipt also gave me a receipt the next morning showing the charge to my discover card monday i check my credit cards and found out they charge my master card and my discover card when i called i was told by the woman at front desk that this was my fault and i will maybe see a reimbursement to my master card in 7 to 10 days her attitude was poor and also do they wait 7 to 10 days for payment on a room please beware and thanks

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Wendy Braun B
baymontsp, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Springfield, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Guest, We appreciate your business and your feedback, We apologize if the reception employee was not able to address your concerns, Please feel free to get in touch at your convenience and we will be glad to help you with this. Thank you & Best Wishes to all.
Paxton, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed at this location with a corporate discount....and because the location was good for what we were doing. The bed was fairly comfortable, too. Unfortunately, that is about all the positives.

The person who checked us in was far from friendly (not quite rude, but close). We were unlucky enough to get a room right next to the elevator and ice machine. Nothing like getting woken up EARLY by people filling their coolers with ice. Unless, of course, you are woken up by a dog that won't stop barking...

Since we were awake, we figured we should grab some breakfast. This was - far and away - the WORST "free breakfast" I have ever seen. The room was packed - you couldn't walk anywhere without bumping into to someone or something. Much of the food was gone. There was no tongs for the biscuits and just after I grabbed one, I saw a lady manhandle about 10 of them before she settled on one. Needless to say I didn't get another one. A waffle sounded good, but I literally could not even get to the waffle corner...too crowded.

Every other time I have stayed at this property it was ok. This was our first weekend "pleasure" stay..maybe that was the issue.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

baymontsp, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Springfield, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Mark, Greetings, We appreciate your business and your feedback, Please accept our apology if your stay was any less then your expectations. I see that you had many pleasant stays at our location in past but as you explained, Our staff members failed on your expectations this time. We will discuss your feedback with our employees during upcoming employee meetings to further educate them. Please do not limit your self from being a Baymont Inn Guest due to one unfortunate experience. We will wait to serve you again. Thank you for reading and best wishes to all.