“Great place to stay in Springfield”

Baymont Inn & Suites Springfield
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I was traveling with three teenaged girls. We stayed here on our vacation which included a visit to the Abraham Lincoln Museum, Library, home and tomb. It was a very pleasant stay. The room was clean and comfortable, neighborhood was nice. The breakfast was great. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub. I would stay here again and recommend it very highly.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
baymontsp, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2011

Dear Guest.

Thank you so much for Choosing us out of all other available choices and Springfield IL and we certainly appreciate you taking couple of minutes out of your valuable time and place your review online for other people to see. Your review about our place, staff & amenities is going to help so many people choose a right place for money they are spending. We will wait to be your host again. Thank you all & Best Wishes to all as well

Write a ReviewReviews (1,365)

Reviewed July 13, 2011

Everything was fine. I have to admit I am a little perplexed when a I read reviews describing a hotel as "awesome" and "great" because it has clean rooms and the staff is friendly. Isn't that they way a hotel is supposed to be? This was a fine hotel, exactly what we needed while we were visiting Springfields historic sites. I found the staff polite and very accomodating but not overly friendly. The breakfast was fine, I've had better and definitely had worse, again it was fine for what we needed. The Wifi worked fine. Nice flat screen in the room but without HD, those televisions just look blurry to me. Nice comfortable bed. Good shower pressure. We would definitely stay here again. This Baymont is exactly what you should expect a good basic hotel to be, you will not be disappointed if you stay here. I can't say it was an "awesome" hotel, but it was very good. We paid $68 with AARP discount.

Reviewed July 12, 2011

Very nice hotel nice location right off the highway.The cracker barrel resturant right next door The staff were very friendly,the room was clean. We had a room on the first floor across from the breakfast area which was nice because we were traveling by motorcycle so we didnt have to carry our luggauge very far.It was a very hot day so we really enjoyed the pool.We would like to thank Sunny at the front desk for leting us park our motorcycle by the front door.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
baymontsp, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing us out of all other available choices in Springfield IL, We appreciate your business and your comments about our hotel, Staff members and specially about an Indoor/Outdoor Heated Pool. We have seen that many guests do become great fans of our pool after their stay just because of the unique design of our pool. During, Sunny hot days we can open our Pool roof and doors and it becomes outdoor heated pool and during cold days we can keep the roof and doors shut and it becomes indoor heated pool. We will wait for you to return in future. Thank you for the review, Thank you for reading & best wishes to all.

Reviewed July 11, 2011

Do Not Stay At this hotel!!!!! I was called the day of my arrival to be asked "Why did I not arrive the night before and would be charged for an extra night since I was a no-show" When making this reservation over the phone I am 100% sure that I did not ask for two days. A block had been placed on the rooms for the wedding party for two nights but we would only need the room for one and that is what was told to the desk clerk. When I made the reservation, the desk clerk put me on hold multiple times and could be heard speaking to other customers during my call, then quickly hung up the phone and I had to ask "this is for a king room right?" and he said "oh sure" and hung up. The manager who called me on the day of the CORRECT arrival day said " Well, I must have been distracted when I made the reservation and didn't hear what the clerk said" I was NOT distracted and am highly offended that someone who I have never met would assume what I was doing on a particular day. I live 3 hours away from this hotel, had several appointments on Friday and never had any intention of staying an additional day other than Saturday night. Just because there is a block of rooms for a wedding does not mean that I will book both nights!!! After arguing for a while, he said I could either pay $51 or pay the full $102 and get a room credit for a return stay. Why in the world would I ever return to this horrible place?! Inside the door of the room it says a king room is priced between $50-$200 so they still make a profit with $50 but the manager tried to say "Well that means I pay half and he pays half" but this is obviously a plan in place and a line they are told to say so they will still make a profit. He also said that he had held the room for us and couldn't sell it to anyone so I was responsible. No! I am not responsible for when one of the desk clerks makes a mistake!! Trying to bully me into feeling guilty for something I did not do!!!! When I got to the hotel, one of my family members had the same problem of charging for 2 days not just one and they took off the charge because the manager had not called him in advance and put the $50 no show charge on the bill. I informed the entire group of people who were in the wedding party staying at the hotel of the lying and unreasonable behavior of the desk clerks and managers. Upon check out, the desk clerks said that the manager who I spoke to was not here and they could do nothing and had no authority to remove the $51 dollar charge. How could there be no way to contact someone in charge at 11 o'clock in the morning?! A group of my family also went to the front desk to complain that this was the worst customer service they had ever seen and why would Baymont be willing to be so unreasonable and unfriendly to not give a simple credit card return and upset an entire family?! I have at least one more family member who will be getting married so for $51 this hotel has chosen to loose hundreds of dollars of profit from future weddings. The Baymont has lost not only my business but the business of the entire wedding party at the hotel and will let everyone we can possibly inform DO NOT STAY AT THE BAYMONT in Springfield!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!!!!
1  Thank MKsam30
baymontsp, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2011

Dear Guest, Looks like somehow this review has been posted for wrong location, We dont have any banquet rooms or halls and we dont host any marriage parties. We are a limited service hotel with 75 Rooms and 1 meeting room. May god bless all & Best Wishes to all. Thank you

Reviewed July 9, 2011

Clean. Quiet. Comfortable. Lovely pool. Excellent breakfast. Definitely recommend this Baymont Inn to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
baymontsp, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2011

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for taking time to place your experience online in your words, We appreciate your business. We are glad that our efforts are being appreciated by more and more travelers. May god bless all & Best Wishes.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

Good location. Reasonable prices. Heated pool warmed to a temperature that made swimming great.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
baymontsp, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2011

Dear Guest.

Thank you so much for choosing us. We certainly appreciate your feedback and that makes us educated about our performance. We are glad that you found everything perfect & specially a temperature at our Indoor heated Swimming pool, We will wait for you to come back and visit us.

Reviewed June 24, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Chicago. The hotel is very close the highway exit surrounded by a variety of neighborhood restaurants.
The Hotel has an awesome Pool and hot tub. Great hot breakfast. Friendly staff. Don't think you can ask for anymore.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Neerajdab
baymontsp, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2011

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for choosing us. We appreciate you spending some minutes out of your valuable time and placing your experience online for other travelers to see. Your words based on your experience is going to be very helpful to other travelers in their decision making process to get a right value for their money. Thank you so much for appreciating out Pool area and We are glad that you liked our Hot breakfast choices which is complimentary to Baymont Guests. We will wait to see you again. Best wishes to all