“Repeat customer”
Review of Brickhouse Grill & Pub - CLOSED

Brickhouse Grill & Pub
Cuisines: American, Pub, Grill
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have been to both of the Brickhouse restaurants in Springfield, Il. I have never been disappointed in any meal I have ever eaten at Brickhouse. They have a very good "inside out burger" in which the cheese is on the inside. They feature the type of food you would find at a sports bar but it is done very well. My wife and I probably go to The Brickhouse more than any other place in the Springfield area. Well worth the trip.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We actually went downtown on the basis of a TA review of another restaurant only to find it wasn't open on Sunday.

We stopped in here because we could walk to it from where we parked.

Bad decision.

We were "greeted" by a young lady who queried "booth or table?" and was leading us to seating before we could answer.

Our server didn't know what desserts were available (not on the menu which directs you to ask the server). Brought us our drinks and didn't wait to see if we were ready to order lunch (which we were because we were traveling and didn't want to "dine".)

Food was ordinary and we had Shrimp Tempura Lager Salad and Ahi Tuna Salad. Food was just okay.

We had to wait for check (while we wanted to leave) and waitress didn't arrived until my wife flagged her down on the way to the rest room.

Would not go back.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We ate here twice on the same day because so many places were closed on the 4th weekend. Their food was spectacular. My husband ordered the specialty sandwich - I think it's called the horse shoe - it was gigantic & he loved it. Their soups are delicious. First service was great; the second (evening) time we had a new waitress who wasn't as good - but hey she was in training. Place was packed at dinner time.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The restaurant was extremely dark and it was hard the read the menu, but the waitress was very friendly and helpful. We tried the horseshoes (hamburger on sourdough bread, with fries on top of the burger and everything topped with a slightly spicy beer cheese sauce) and they were fantastic...they also have a great basic burger. Noise level wasn't bad...quick service...we were very pleased.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

The food was good but the noise level was very high. We were there at noon and it was very loud. Interesting choices and very friendly staff.