“Not bad, but not worth the money” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Knight's Action Park & Caribbean Water Adventure

Knight's Action Park & Caribbean Water Adventure
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Not bad, but not worth the money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

They have a nice park and there is plenty to do for most ages. It is expensive and the parking was horrible. Family of four for the day including water park, food, drinks, and a few land attractions ( driving range, mini golf, and one go-kart ride) $210. That's too much and then they shortened the hours. Six flags st Louis is 20 minutes more for us and less expensive. We will not be going back here!

3 Thank Chad G

Decatur, Illinois
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 278 helpful votes
“Good water park for Central Illinois”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

We live about 45 miles from the park and we go on average a couple of times each summer. Although the park has been in business for a long time and some of it is a bit dated, they do continue to add new rides every few years, so the kids still think it's great.

You can check their website and get options to get discounts on admission. Sometimes it will be bringing a Pepsi can to get so much off, sometimes it is grandparent day and your admission is free with a paid child admission.

For the Carribean Water Adventure side, the water park...my grandkids are 6 and 9 and the good thing about Knight's is the many different attractions for just about any age. They have a large kiddie type beach/pool with water about a foot high at the most that I've seen small babies enjoy as well as my 6 year old granddaughter. I loved just sitting in the water, watching her play on the small slides and get under the mushroom shower when she was younger. As this is the first attraction you pass going into the park, we still make a quick stop by for her to get under the mushroom shower, but we don't spend as much time there as in previous years.

Further to the north is the kiddie area (Seal Bay) - we do spend time there. Everything is judged by child height and so far she still qualifies for this area, which includes a small very open water slide, and other kid related objects to enter and slide down. The water here is about 18 inches, I would say, just deep enough for me to sit on the edge and watch.

To the east of the kiddie area is the kiddie slides. These are closed tube type slides that are just the right size for the younger set, not too fast and they empty into a small pool that is about 24 inches deep. At about 4 she started being able to do these and once again I sit on the steps, under the water and wait. It's fun to watch her get braver and no hardship for me to sit in the water and absorb some sun.

To the south of your entryway, there is another kid area that reminds me of a Dr. Seuss invention - a submarine that is both above and about 6 inches below the water. The kids climb in and out, go down a small slide, etc. This is another attraction that is just to the north of the big wave pool and it has a graduated beach/pool effect.

All in all there are a ton of things for the smaller set to enjoy.

For the bigger kids/adults, there are a lot of big rides - the Royal Flush, the Devil Ray, the adult slides, bumper boats, giant wave pool and the lazy river. The 9 year old takes off with an adult and does all the bigger kid stuff over and over again. I don't usually see them until they need money for food or they walk by on the way to something else. There is an adult pool near the kiddie slides that is really a place to sit in the water (looks like a big jacuzzi without jets) and read a book or just soak up some sun while not being bothered by kids. I've gone by myself over there a few times just to sit in the water and relax.

The food options are basic - hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza slices, nachos, etc. The food seems a bit expensive, but it gets eaten. I believe you are allowed to bring in food in coolers, but we haven't ever tried.

I've seen complaints on here about the restrooms and they are basic and older, but it's a restroom and I'm not spending a lot of time in there. I have learned over time to wear water shoes so I don't stand in any one else's water in the bathroom stalls.

We find the water park a must do attraction for anyone in Central Illinois. Our water park options are few and far between and the folks at Knights are doing a good job.

As for the rest of the Knight's area - there is a go cart track that is fun - I took the 9 year old grandson last year and he was finally tall enough to go and drive. There are rides but we've never done those. We have done the batting cages and miniature golf, but we have both those attractions in our town, so we really just come over for the water park.

They have a drive-in theater but we've never gone there. We don't stay late enough to go.

Now that they've improved the entryway to the park (you can easily access it from the MacArthur Blvd exit off I-72) it is even easier to get there. We will continue to go until no one is interested anymore!

Visited August 2011
5 Thank mkhmn
Springfield, Illinois
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

Not well maintained, a lot of walking to get to things, worst bathrooms ever, do no go in there! Extremely expensive and not a lot of bang for the buck, a complete overhaul would do this place good.

1 Thank sadie767
Champaign, Il
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“lots of water, sun, fun, but feels old and expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

we took our church youth group there for an end of the year party last summer. they had a good time, but it was expensive. there are many water rides including a wave pool, lazy river, 2 open water slides on a hill, 3 water slides on a tower, and a water slide that looks like a manta ray. the two slides on the hill seem really old, likely they are the original attraction. lots of patching on the two hill slides. many areas seemed in the need of fresh paint or cleaning.

our group had a fun time but we decided not to go back this year.

Visited June 2011
1 Thank todc
Lincoln, Illinois
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Great Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

A little tough to get too, but definitely a place for the kids to go and to have fun.

1 Thank Case62656