“Very Good Mexican”

Los Rancheros
Ranked #72 of 491 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Food was fresh, well prepared, and authentic Mexican.
Menu selection was extensive and had several signature dishes.
I had the Rancheros Dinner (beef) and was pleased. The next time I would ask if I could have 1/2 beef and 1/2 chicken.

1  Thank Jim M

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Authentic Mexican food at a decent price with a large seating arrangement and consistent food, who wouldn't go?

Reviewed November 2, 2013

When visiting an old friend for lunch, he recommended Los Rancheros and I'm glad he did. The atmosphere was very good, the service was timely and as we wanted to talk a while, they were very willing for us to take our time. The food was very good. My friend had the Los Rancheros Burrito and I had the Los Rancheros Chimichanga. I really enjoyed my meal which included some very nice rice and beans. The dinner menu looked interesting and if I had had more time I would have loved to try some of the entrées. If I still lived here this I would definitely be back.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

There's nothing wrong with Los Rancheros -- but there's not much exciting about it either. The chips were warm and fresh, the salsa mild. My dinner, the Rancheros combination plate, had a taco, an enchilada, a burrito and a chili relleno, with refried beans and rice. Service was decent and the food was hot. But it was pretty flavorless. Not bad, just bland. The ground beef in the taco, burrito and enchilada wasn't seasoned and the enchilida sauce was meek. You'll go away full, but won't be thinking about how tasty dinner was.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

When I walked in I waited several minutes to be seated.....finally I was seated in the bar area where there was a loud game going on. I waited another several minutes for a waitress. A busboy dropped off chips and salsa, that were quite good, while I waited; unfortunately I did not receive a plate, silverware or water. I eventually was able to order. The chicken fajitas were decent, nothing to either rave or complain about. The flan was quite tasty, I took that to go. The prices were reasonable, my bill was about $23 for 2 cocktails, dinner and dessert. I was staying next door at the Sleep Inn, so this was convenient to walk to. Springfield isn't really known for its fine cuisine, so I wasn't expecting much. I am here for business for several more days but most likely will not return.