“Nice Mexican Restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles

Los Rancheros
Ranked #73 of 482 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rolesville, North Carolina
“Nice Mexican Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

When visiting an old friend for lunch, he recommended Los Rancheros and I'm glad he did. The atmosphere was very good, the service was timely and as we wanted to talk a while, they were very willing for us to take our time. The food was very good. My friend had the Los Rancheros Burrito and I had the Los Rancheros Chimichanga. I really enjoyed my meal which included some very nice rice and beans. The dinner menu looked interesting and if I had had more time I would have loved to try some of the entrées. If I still lived here this I would definitely be back.

• Visited October 2013

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Just A Place To Eat”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

There's nothing wrong with Los Rancheros -- but there's not much exciting about it either. The chips were warm and fresh, the salsa mild. My dinner, the Rancheros combination plate, had a taco, an enchilada, a burrito and a chili relleno, with refried beans and rice. Service was decent and the food was hot. But it was pretty flavorless. Not bad, just bland. The ground beef in the taco, burrito and enchilada wasn't seasoned and the enchilida sauce was meek. You'll go away full, but won't be thinking about how tasty dinner was.

• Visited October 2013
River Grove, Illinois
“Not the worst, not the best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

When I walked in I waited several minutes to be seated.....finally I was seated in the bar area where there was a loud game going on. I waited another several minutes for a waitress. A busboy dropped off chips and salsa, that were quite good, while I waited; unfortunately I did not receive a plate, silverware or water. I eventually was able to order. The chicken fajitas were decent, nothing to either rave or complain about. The flan was quite tasty, I took that to go. The prices were reasonable, my bill was about $23 for 2 cocktails, dinner and dessert. I was staying next door at the Sleep Inn, so this was convenient to walk to. Springfield isn't really known for its fine cuisine, so I wasn't expecting much. I am here for business for several more days but most likely will not return.

• Visited August 2013
Indiana
“Fresher, tastier standard Mexican joint”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Margaritas: good, for a mix. I prefer mine to have no mix, just the actual good stuff. Food: fresh, yummy, quick. But does anyone ever use salt anymore? Service: friendly, accommodating , and quick. I will return.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank courtneymccollum
Elberfeld, Indiana
“Ok food, slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

We ate here with a large party. The service was slow taking and filling our drink order, then we almost all ran out of drinks and had to wait a bit. The food came out quick, but was mediocre. We can't say we were rushed, because after eating it took forever to get the bill. Once the wait staff had the card, it took the cardholder getting up and finding the waitress again to get it back so we could leave. Glad that it was close to the hotel, but would be unlikely to return. They were kid friendly though.

• Visited April 2013