“Convenient to hotels, kid friendly, reasonable prices.”
Review of Los Rancheros

Los Rancheros
Ranked #71 of 494 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Above-average Mexican food. Large portions at reasonable prices. Walkable from several hotels on Freedom Drive. I would recommend.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

If they have ever heard of a jalapeno (or any other kind of chili pepper) or cumin or any other kind of spice, they certainly didn't use it in my burrito. I ordered carry-out because I was staying in a hotel next door and I saw their sign out my window. I asked the hotel staff and the girl I asked said it is very good, but I may get heartburn if I eat Mexican food so late at night. No danger of that!

All of the basic ingredients were there - beef, decent tortilla, beans, rice, cheese, avocado (it's not fair to call a plain mashed avocado guacamole), salsa - but I honestly don't think they used any spices, not even salt or pepper! If your grandmother wants a change of pace from the food in her nursing home this would be a nice place to bring her.

Late news flash: I woke up and just tried to chips and salsa that came with my meal. Either they bought the salsa somewhere else or they really DO know a jalapeno! I had just a slight trace of spicy flavor in the salsa, which raised them from a 2 to a 3.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We arrived and were seated immediately. Our server was spectacular, very kind and attentive. The food was the absolute best Mexican fare I have ever had. They were very good about the special orders that my two young sons gave (no tomatoes on the taco salad, and nothing but meat and cheese on the taco), the prices were very reasonable with friendly staff and great service.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

I always come here for mexican. Love the enchiladas suizas and their chille rellanos!

Reviewed April 19, 2012

The food was basic Mexican food, and their chips are icky. We go with friends who love this place, but I would not choose to go here.