“Good food reasonable prices”
Review of Osaka

Osaka
Ranked #94 of 494 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Had the seafood combo pad Thai $13. Very good and plenty to eat. Their lunch boxes are a great deal as well. Also have a hibachi side but make a reservation for that

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Had reservations. Was seated promptly upon arrival. Server brough drinks right away and took order quickly. Cook was entertaining. Food was hot and delicious. Got alot for your $$.

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Was excited to try a place with a good sushi selection. Hostess was pleasant. Table was by a door and drafty. Server came and took drink orders, disappeared for 15 minutes, came back took food order, still no drinks. Couldn't find him for 15 minutes. He brings food... Some of it. Apparently he didn't put my order in, he disappears once more. 10 minutes later, I finally find him to see what's up with my entree and the tea that is STILL not at the table and he accuses me of not ordering.... I eventually get my sushi, it's decent and tastes fresh.
So overall, alright place but awful service :(

1  Thank Rsarres226
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Osaka is a pretty typical Japanese style restaurant in the US, but my family and I have had several meals there over the past few months and have never been disappointed with the food. I should note that we never elect to eat at the utensil juggling, salt-shaker pounding grill side of things, so all of our meals have been ordered off the regular menu. My wife loves some of the Thai dishes, particularly the green curry. I enjoy sashimi and have never been disappointed because it is always very fresh and well prepared. Service is sometimes unpredictable: we've had excellent service and we've had much less than excellent service. It's my observation that the professionalism and energy of the staff members varies quite a bit. Beyond that, though, if you have a taste for Japanese style food Osaka is a good place to try.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

My family and I went there for an early dinner, and I am disappointed that I had to ask for the special sauce for the chicken katsu that we ordered. The waitress finally brought us a teriyaki sauce which is not the same as the sauce for the katsu. I have eaten to many Japanese Restaurants, so I have a pretty good idea what they all have to offer in Japanese Restaurants, or I would say maybe I am so used to eating a real Japanese food, because I also live and work in Japan for about two years, so I know what katsu suppose to serve with in terms of katsu sauce.