“Home of the Original Corn Dog”
Review of Cozy Dog Drive In

Cozy Dog Drive In
Ranked #6 of 491 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Along old Route 66, this time warp of an establishment features "fresh corn dogs" (is that a term you've ever heard before?). If you've had a corn dog before and said "eh" or "blech," try these and you'll think differently. Burgers and fries are good too. Be sure to check out all the old clippings and memorabilia. Definitely worth a detour.

There are newer reviews for Cozy Dog Drive In

Reviewed March 17, 2012

We went to Cozy Dog Friday March 16th. This was not the first time we have been there and for sure will not be the last. We go about 3-4 times a year. We live about 1 1/2 hours away from Springfield, IL but it is well worth the road trip. The drive from the St. Louis area to Cozy dog has a lot of good stopping off points for antique and craft malls then you get the taste of the food. We always get a family basket with 4 corn dogs (pardon me cozy dogs) and a heaping pile of fresh cut fries. We then dip the fries into their cheese sauce and oh my goodness it is such a special treat. I hear all of the food there is good, but we always get the same thing so I can only speak honestly about that. This is the home of the cozy dog so they should know how to make them. They are absolutely the best you will ever eat. Don't drive there on Sunday tho' they are closed.

1  Thank dpetrowske
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Enjoyed the Cozy Dog special, 2 Corn Dogs, Shoe String Fries and a Soda. Very well priced for lunch. Food was good and service was very friendly and fast. Will return for another speical

Reviewed February 6, 2012

On my way out of town decided to eat here. Well worth it.

I've been to 20 Man vs Food places all but one has been either great or awesome. This place was great.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

If I liked cozy dogs (corn dogs) more, I'd give it 5 stars, since the dogs are as good as you can get, and the route 66 decor is still interesting after many years of eating there. Only thing ever slightly negative, is that the fries can sometimes be very limp and greasy. It's a must try at least once to see how you like it!