“Great tour, interesting, well done park!”

Lincoln Home National Historic Site
Ranked #2 of 57 things to do in Springfield
More attraction details
Owner description: The only house Abraham Lincoln ever owned is the centerpiece of this four-block historic neighborhood. Lincoln and his family lived in the two-story house from 1844 until 1861, when their address changed to the White House.
saratoga springs, ny
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great tour, interesting, well done park!”
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Our tour guide was excellent, the area around Lincoln's home had additional historic houses, it was a great National Park to visit! The Visitor Center had interesting movies, too.

2 Thank lizm_60

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Queens, New York
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 203 helpful votes
“Nice film and a good stop to start your Springfield visit.”
Reviewed August 18, 2010

If you can help it, don't miss this stop but if you have only one day, spend it at the Musuem.

I did the Presidential Museum first, needing a full day, and came here my second day.
I thought going to the Home first might have been a good way to appreciate even more the amazing Musuem.

The film is enjoyable.

If you go soon after it first opens, you can get a spot in their parking lot and you can linger until a presentation by the town's History Alive crew.

All the guides, Park Rangers, appear passionate about the subject and make for a wonderful tour.

1 Thank RoadTrip19Mom
Pineville, Missouri
176 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 188 helpful votes
“We're a fortunate nation to have this treasure.”
Reviewed August 14, 2010

This is my third trip to Springfield and my third trip to this home. The second time I went I took my wife and now 15 years later I'm bringing my two teenage sons. This place gets better every time. They are now turning the whole neighborhood into a historic district. It's so amazing to walk in the same rooms that Lincoln walked in. Coming from a town where every old structure is being torn down, I feel our country is lucky that this place has been preserved in its 1860 condition.

1 Thank recorder
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent tour by park guide who was a...”
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Excellent tour by park guide who was a retired teacher!

1 Thank Herzobase
Kentucky
171 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 215 helpful votes
“Great historic site and great tour!”
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Abraham Lincoln is my favorite leader of all time so I am always happy to visit tributes to him and historic sights pertaining to him. His adulthood home is wonderfully maintained and the tour was very informative. Best yet is that unlike alot of historic sites, you are able to take pictures inside the home. If you are in the area, make sure you take in this site--it is free (even though parking is 2.00) and a wonderful piece of history. Definitely worth the stop!

1 Thank KentuckyTravelBug80