See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 24, 2010

They advertise internet service; however, it does not work unless you sit in the lobby, and then only intermittently. Not what I would call hi-speed either. When you complain about it, nothing. A week here with no internet unless I haul my computer to the lobby. The location is great!! Have to travel about 5 miles for shopping/eating places. The hotel is old, some rooms have the added door security, others have none. Breakfast was sufficient. Since it is old, the rooms are quite loud as far as people walking, running, moving about, doors slamming, etc. Good thing I didn't want to go swimming, the pool looked like something from a sci-fi movie, green and funky.

Date of stay: September 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2010

We stayed from Sep 7-9. This is a motel on a very quit place. No rumour from the street. The breakfast is good and enough, the breakfastroom has a gigantic TV. Unfortenately our room (# 112)had no fridge nor microwave. The tap of the bath leaked.
We will return to this motel when we are in Springfield.

Date of stay: September 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2010

When a Motel 6 is currently the #1 ranked motel in town, that should be a good indicator that anything else is not too great. Although the room was fairly clean there was a distinct urine smell lingering. The AC/Heater unit needed a good cleaning. Bathroom was ok. I stayed here because I had a 6AM flight and this was the closest property to the airport. My advise would be to find somewhere else to stay.

Date of stay: May 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 24, 2010

I stayed at this site this past weekend while attending my younger sister's graduation. Another sister stayed with me in the hotel. We were both very impressed with the hotel. What a find. The room was spacious and clean; though lacking a fridge and microwave, everything else was great. The hotel appears to be run by a family. They and their other staff, from night managers to housekeepers, were very friendly and helpful. My sister and I called the hotel from the road a few hours before we got into Springfield. The person on duty gave us a great rate for the hotel. We ended up extending our stay in Springfield an extra day, which was no problem. And, the manager on duty helpfully, and without any delay, split up the charges between my sister and me. I would stay at this property again without hesitation. The price was great, considering that the going rate in Springfield seems to be about $70 for a double. What sells the property, though, is the friendliness of management and staff.

Date of stay: May 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2010

This property is very quiet. I presume it gets busier in warmer months, as it has an outdoor pool. Yes, it's near Oak Ridge (Lincoln's Tomb and the Veteran's Memorial). It's also very near the airport. If you're looking for nightlife and restaurant, look to one of the downtown or I-55 properties. This place is reasonably priced, the breakfast was adequate, the room was clean and the heater worked, as did the wi-fi. I don't travel to a city like Springfield to sit in my hotel--I go to see what and who's there, so for me, it works out beautifully.

Date of stay: February 2010