See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 11, 2006

I don't pay attention to the reviews when booking a hotel but I should have paid attention to the reviews for this hotel. It was horrible. The hotel is sooo dirty. The carpet hasn't been cleaned in forever. The bugs are soo bad. I couldn't even sleep at night because I kept thinking about the bugs in the room. The breakfast was OK but who could eat with the flying insects everywhere. The pool was scary. The water kept draining but the hotel staff said it was nothing. It didn't look like nothing to me..The location was bad also. Please stay somewhere else!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank kathypyrdam
Reviewed July 19, 2006

Our stay at this facility was awful! The room smelled like wet dog, the refridgerator did not work, the chain lock was broken, continental breakfast was limited and the breakfast room was filthy. Too bad the owner of this franchise does not keep up the property. HoJo used to be a better place to stay. I too, made a complaint with customer service in hope to have resolution not only for my self, but for future customers. We were to stay for three nights. Checked out immediatley the next day and located a beautiful hotel on Dirkenson Parkway. Stay away from this HoJo property!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank piglet63
Reviewed May 30, 2006

We stayed at this HoJo the weekend of 3/31 - 4/2. The first indication that this property is not cared for is the condition of the entrance drive and parking lot. There were huge potholes and rugged pavement as you enter off the street. Check in was pleasant and smooth on Friday evening even though we were late arrival. The room was neat but the bathroom was dirty and there was mold in the tub. The next morning we went down for the continental brakfast, which by 8:30 was thoroughly trashed. There was very little selection and the few available danish were not thawed. My wife got the last 1/2 cup of coffee and we waited about ten minutes for more to come out. The tables were all dirty and all the trash was overflowing, including the one next to the breakfast bar, which was piled nearly as high as the counter. When I went to the front desk the clerk was sitting there apparently balancing her checkbook and her responsiveness was sluggish and her attitude was aloof.

My wife decided to stay at the room while I attended business meetings. She requested an extra pillow at 10:00 and was brusquely told they would see what they could do. When I returned to the room later that evening she still had not received the pillow. After we had gone out for dinner and come back after 9:30 another call placed to the front desk finally got her a pillow. On Sunday morning we went in to the room where the Continental breakfast is put out and quickly decided that we were better off driving into downtown Springfield to find a place to eat. Went to the front desk to check out and same clerk was there chatting away on her cell phone oblivious to us standing there.

Upon returning I contacted HoJo's customer line and related my experience only to be told that they would look in to it. Not ever returning to this HoJo and most likely not any other.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
6  Thank PyroBob
Reviewed September 23, 2004

This hotel is located close to the airport which was a plus for me. The room was clean, except for a large mildew stain on the wall above the shower enclosure. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and apologetic and sent someone to clean it immediately. The continental breakfast was very good. The beds were comfortable. The staff in the hotel were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2004, traveled on business
9  Thank PatfromKeizer
Reviewed September 20, 2004

the service was great, the room was clean, and the setting was beautiful. not to mention it was the closest hotel i could find to the state fair. i was extremmly pleased and will go back there again and again.

8  Thank rflower01