“close to fairgrounds”

Ranked #37 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Chicago, Illinois
“close to fairgrounds”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My first stay was comfortable. The room was huge, a tad outdated, but clean. I like the fact that I can park my vehicle outside my room ..I required a handicapped room and it was fine. The frornt desk was pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: as of my last visit at this hotel, there was the usual continental breakfast. There isn't a res...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I were in town on business and picked this hotel because most of the others were booked because of a convention.

We were surprised when we arrived and there was only two cars in the parking lot, one with a flat tire, and there was not a single window to be seen.

We cautiously went inside to find it much more appealing. Only people in the lobby was the desk clerk and a man at the complimentary computer.

The clerk was excellent. He suggested a great restaurant, Alexanders, and mapped it out for us.

We drove around to the back of the buildings to find rather ran down looking, motel style rooms. We were relieved that there was other guests and we hadn't just paid for a $70.00 mistake. The pool was not open when we visited but it was not covered and looked like a large pond full of dark, dirty water.

The room was fine at first glance. The bathroom was a different story: the grout was discolored and in need of replacement. The non-slip bathtub materials were dirty and peeling. I wouldn't walk in there without my shoes.

The beds were ok. The bedding is very thin and we were quite chilly through the night. I'd suggest bringing your own pillows if possible.

The AC/Heater worked well but the roomed warmed up too much with the heater on and was too cold to have it off.

The breakfast was just basic continental breakfast items. All fresh tasting.

We were surprised by a knock on the door at 9AM. As I was checking to see who it was, the door was opened by the same man at the computer in the lobby the night before. He is part of the cleaning staff. In his defense we did not have the do not disturb sign out but we still had three hours until check out.

It's not great and I wouldn't stay there again unless it was my only choice. Nothing really memorable except that it looks scary from the outside.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business