“Poor Service and food quality and filthy back door”
Review of Lake Pointe Grill

Lake Pointe Grill
Ranked #19 of 494 Restaurants in Springfield
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N. Cotton Hill Road
Transit: Springfield Public Transit District provides bus service within a 1/2 block of our location at the corner of Toronto Road and East Lake Shore Drive.
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Food was not fresh and slightly warm-after complaining to waitress we were ignored. We paid bill and left never to return. On way out of parking lot we drove behind restaurant past back door. The grease splatter on the door and concrete drive were covered with swarms of flies. The spatter was very dark indicating it had been there a long time. There were greasy boxes stacked against wall that had a terrible smell. Question is How does a place like that pass any Health Inspection? Before anyone eats there they should drive around back- they will see what I mean. BEWARE!

1  Thank Carole C

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We were in town and looking for somewhere close to eat. We found The Lake Point Grill and aee so glad we did. The pizza was awesome. Love wood fired pizzas.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

not the greatest pizza i have had but it was good. We had the prosciutto and arugula pizza; which was good; to salty, it didnt seem to have the smokey, puffy blistered crust that I have had at other brick oven wood fired pizza places. We also had the Mozzarella & Parmesan Croquettes which were more like foamed fluffy cheese sticks; which i liked but my wife did not. We also had the Apple Jack Salad half size; which was are favorite thing we had.

I would recommend the salad and try a different pizza (or ask them to make sure its not to salty); that is enough for two people

I don't live near this place or I would go back and try again; the service was good, the place looks nice, and it is definitely worth a second try if something leaves you wanting

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We.dined twice here. Food jaws pretty good, though not spectacular. Very popular with locals and was full on a week night by 5:30.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My wife and I frequently go here for their brick oven pizza. It is near our home and I have NEVER gotten a bad meal or service here. It was my turn to pick a place for my family dinner so I called that Sat morning and tried to make reservations for 14....the lady said "oh, my I don't think I can squeeze you in...its Prom season". My heart sunk but she juggled some tables and made it work. She was right...prom dresses everywhere. Not one complaint on our food or service. I tried something new...I always get the stuffed meatloaf or pizza....GREAT....I tried the Burgundy braised short rib sandwich. It is NOW my favorite. SO TENDER.......My only knock is the interior is so "cold"...like a cafeteria, we always ask for bar area seating. BUT, having lived here 50+ years...one of my top 3 Springfield eateries.