“So much great food!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We spent two days in Springfield this week and had our first meal at this fun restaurant. It was a beautiful night, and we ate on the patio. We'd never experienced "horseshoes" before--wow!!! Huge and delicious. We would definitely return.

1  Thank JuliaN303
Write a ReviewReviews (1,077)

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Had lunch with a friend on a Sunday at Obed and Isaacs - had the chicken/bacon/ranch panini - was really good - along with their great fries!! They were very busy so lunch took awhile but it was a nice day and we didn't mind. The server was a bit rushed and he could have been friendlier - that is my only compliant. He didn't come to refill drinks. I will definitely come back and try some other things on the menu.

1  Thank Travelinggirl8844
Reviewed July 26, 2014

My husband and I ate here for lunch after visiting the Lincoln Home and Dana Thomas House. It was nice and humid outside, so we wanted to eat inside. Thankfully, it is huge inside, so we were able to be seated easily. We ordered the pretzel rolls, chicken bacon ranch panini, and fish and chips. All of the food tasted very good. I wish our service was a little better, but otherwise, it was really good. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone eating. Prices are reasonable.

1  Thank allyouneedistara
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Stumbled upon this gem while passing time by walking around Springfield during a stopover. This was where everyone was at; the patio was full and the bar was hopping on a Tuesday evening. I tried the Mother Road APA and my friend had the Strawberry Blonde, both were tasty and refreshing. Was sad to not have gotten to try their blueberry wheat beer, which wasn't quite ready to tap yet. If I ever happen to get out this way again, I would like to sample more brews, some food and perhaps a coffee from their own coffee shop. And maybe visit the Lincoln Library.

2  Thank MoHog
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I recently enjoyed this establishment with my wife and two kids. We had limited time to grab a quick bite to eat prior to going on an evening walking tour. Despite it being busy, we were promptly seated inside, and had the opportunity to try the pretzels (outstanding) and the Caprese Flatbread (also great).

I thought the beer was marginal. The Hefeweizen was served in a standard pint glass, and tasted more like an American Wheat than a Hefeweizen. It lacked the banana hint of a German HW. The Wit was better, although I prefer white beers with a lemon rather than an orange.

I did not get a chance to check out the bean bag toss or bocce area, yet noticed there was a large crowd present. It looked cool.

1  Thank FishDurango