“Lincoln's Tomb”
Review of Oak Ridge Cemetery

Oak Ridge Cemetery
Ranked #1 of 2 Tours in Springfield
More attraction details
Owner description: Lincoln's widow insisted the slain president be buried here, defying local leaders who wanted to erect a grand downtown memorial.
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Oak Ridge Cemetery has many notable memorials for soldiers from several wars, but the most visited tomb is that of Abraham Lincoln. The memorial is impressive, beautiful, and blends descriptions of Lincoln as a man and as a leader who wanted to keep the country united. The actual tomb maintains a reverential atmosphere and, again, captures the essence of Lincoln.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We took the daughter there and she said it was absolutely awsome. There are multiple plaques about the tombs construction. My daughter was shocked to learn that Lincolns last direct decendant died the year I graduated. I was to!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Don't leave town without visiting the Lincoln Tomb. Be sure you take a free tour.

Abraham Lincoln is buried in Oak Ridge Cemetery at the request of his wife Mary. Mary and 3 or their 4 sons are also buried here.

When we arrived a volunteer offered to take our picture by the bronze sculpture of Lincoln's head. You are supposed to rub Lincoln's nose for good luck. The tour guide was very good at explaining things. We were able to go inside & you will see various sculptures of Lincoln and stages of his life.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Poor Abe but I think his tomb helps comfort him. Photos are welcome here. One of three excellent attractions in Springfield, the Lincoln tomb (free), the Lincoln-Herndon Law Office (free) and the Lincoln home (free). Free admission, free parking, short short walk from the car.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

The Oak Ridge cemetery is the most beautiful cemetery I have ever seen, I think it helped I visited during fall when pretty much every tree in the cemetery was displaying brilliant colors. I lucked out when I visited Abe Lincoln's tomb in that I thought there was nobody around. I was able to walk around and read all the information about Abe Lincoln and his family, I had no idea his family was buried there too. I walked up to the door underneath the memorial and opened the door to a whole room full of kids... luckily they were leaving as I was going inside so then I was the only person inside. It is such an amazing memorial to Abraham Lincoln, his wife and 3 of their 4 children. I visited it twice in two days as it is such a beautiful place and a great memorial to a great President.