“Glad I Made The Time For This Unique Part Of History!”
Review of Tinsley Building

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I was across the street at the Lincoln Presidential Museum and after visiting there I stopped at the Blue Door Artist's Gallery. Right across the street is the Tinsley Building where I was treated to the most delightful tour explaining in a nutshell the professional days of Lincoln in Springfield. It is located near 6th and Adams Streets
Then I went upstairs to the Lincoln-Herdon Law Office and thoroughly enjoyed the stories and facts about Lincoln's pre-Presidential days. This is another "must see" while in Springfield, IL. It is also a great stop for both the history buff and the non history buff in your group.
On the first floor is a very cool gift shop called Tinsley's Dry Goods, (217-525-1825). I found everything I needed and more to complete my day of exploration, education and fun. You will not be sorry you took the time to visit the Tinsley Building and the shops in that block. Don't miss the book store a few doors down or the Old Capital Bulding there too!

3  Thank Michael M
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Worth seeing if you are near the area and have time. Upstairs is the Lincoln-Herndon Law Office and down stairs is a really nice gift shop called Tinsley's Dry Goods.

3  Thank jack96

Been to Tinsley Building? Share your experiences!