“Nice choice!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Syvota
Neilson Retreat Beachclub
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Syvota
GreenLeadersGold level
“Nice choice!!!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Stayed for a week with my family and had great time. The views are amazing, the buffet was nice ( always panic at the children buffet), the staff is very friendly. Loved the cayak. Recommended to all the watersports lovers

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank jamesdach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Greek first
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I have just come back from the retreat after two weeks. We did stay and sail which was great. Went out for training first week, but the second week out on Flotilla was fantastic. The crew that took us out was first class and an asset to Nielsens. We went with Mick the skipper, Finn the first mate and Joe the mechanic sorry joe engineer . They where good fun to be with, very professional and always polite and helpful. As this was our first time ever sailing they made it the best experience ever, the rest of our guest on Flotilla were great. After the morning briefing where you given the next destination to sail to weather for the day etc. The crew where always on hand to help you leave port or help with any questions. The whole Flotilla went out for dinner every night, you can go and eat where you want but we where having such a great time as a group we ate together. We can't thank our Crew Mick,Finn and Joe enough for making our holiday the best ever. And all the support, laughs and for a great holiday. X

Room Tip: Can't give a tip for a good room, but can recommend Flotilla. Although we stayed in a room the f...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank p-digby1
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Generally had a great time at the resort in sivota. The activity staff were fantastic as always and I can thoroughly recommend the fitness classes with Georgie which were awesome as were toms road rides (and cake stops). I found the swimming programme to be a pleasant surprise and would like to see that at more neilson resorts. Obviously we are all aware of the steps but it's worth noting that they are rather uneven because most of them are external, so watch your step. The food was good but there wasn't a distinctive variety from night to night - much preferred eating in the local restaurants!! The steak house is a must but beware of ordering starters unless you have an enormous appetite!!

The holiday would have made it to 5* other than the constant push for more money out of all the guests; from the welcome meeting onwards it felt that some staff were really pushing the upgrades, obviously they are a profit making business but to belittle their standard stuff was a little demoralising if you've been looking forward to your holiday for weeks. Ski upgrade was more expensive than tows at my local lake and the staff were extremely disinterested with me when I decided not to upgrade, charging for tennis drills was a new compared with previous years and £10 for an hour is again more than I'd expect considering the price of the holiday, food on the non inclusive nights was over priced compared to local restaurants and the BBQ was cramped into the bar rather than being pool side. Final bug bear was the price of water - 3x that of the local supermarket (who deliver up the hill) personally I think it's a low blow to make such a margin on a necessity when they are promoting people being fit and active in the heat.

All in it was a lovely holiday and we thoroughly enjoyed it however being the flagship resort the standard wasn't as high as we had expected so wouldn't recommend this resort as freely as other neilsons.

Room Tip: Hotel rooms are convenient, garden rooms were more private
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Matt B
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2014

All i can say is from start to finish we all ( my wife and my 6 year old girl ) had a fantastic time .
the food is very good with lots of choice.
loads and loads of things to do as for the kids club , my little girl could not wait to go to sea badgers !!.

every one could not help enough. well done neilson !! top job

yes we will be back !

Dorking, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We didn't stay at this hotel but picked up our Neilson Yacht here for a Flotilla Holiday. We ate in the restaurant on our first night before setting sail. Its a very nice facility with a huge amount of waterspout available. The setting is wonderful. The dinner and breakfast were both very good indeed - all buffet style.

Room Tip: You want a room overlooking the bay, but I think they all do.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank RSATLR
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Neilson Sivota retreat has the basics needed for a good holiday, but problems make the holiday average at best. Great staff, v.good food and a lovely setting sound perfect. The hotel is clean, local fishing town is nice and sports equipment is up to date. But this would be a misleading picture.

The negatives include a ridiculous amount of steep steps. The beach is gritty and really not worth the effort of all the steps. Walking across the sand bar is sharp-stone suffering. The fitness deck is so rife with biting insects (fleas?) that it's unusable, something the staff acknowledge....but do nothing about. Drinks at the bar are expensive, a rip-off compared to the local village, and very patchy quality. Steer well clear of the swamp-like Berry Daquiri, and watch out for the mouthwash Mojito.

Then there's the 'Neilson' money-grabbing ethos. The whole week seems to involve squeezing as much money out of guests as possible. From the Welcome meeting to the purchase of drinking water and the free wifi which isn't, every day is another chance to get out your wallet or purse. The end-of-holiday tab is a master of disguise...my entire bill just said 'beverages', and with no time to check the entries, its guesswork and trust if the bill is accurate.

Some problems were possibly one-off. A 4'6" bed for a 5'6" daughter was fixed after 3 days. A midnight phone call from Reception was just a mistake. The absent entertainment because the resident guitarist had gone home might not happen again. Less forgivable are the lack of sunbeds, acknowledged at the Welcome meeting (shortly before another sales pitch for, I think, the spa).

We could have lived with most of the bad points, no holiday is perfect. What tips this one over the edge is the Neilson ethos. Usually a poor holiday comes with a dose of humour. We chuckle at the bad bits. Neilson somehow managed to infuriate. The WiFi is a good example. Its free in the bar and reception, but I could never log on, never get even an email. Help is at hand...Neilson will sell you a superior WiFi service. They just want some extra money...which sums up our holiday experience.

Neilson boast of a 50% return rate. We're the 50% that won't be going back.

Room Tip: Garden rooms are closer to the activities. The paid wifi didn't work in the farthest rooms.
10 Thank Mike R
Reviewed July 15, 2014

This was my first Neilson holiday and I just wish I'd discovered them years ago. I travelled with my 16 year old daugther who also had an amazing time. Apart from the fabulous situation, wonderful food and terrific activities my hat has to go off the each and every member of staff who all seemed to love their jobs. I have to particularly commend James & Tom in the bike shed and Callum who ran the Kayaking. They absolutley made my holiday all the more joyful. I can't rate this hotel highly enough and I'm a pretty fussy traveller. A big shout out too for the hotel guests , all like minded people, sociable and a pleasure to get to know. I was never short of someone to talk to. I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Go for the upgraded new superior rooms if you can afford them! The views are outstanding.
3 Thank Julie H